Installed this pond a month ago. Lot easier than I first expected.
[attachment deleted by admin]
1
[attachment deleted by admin]
see, when you said pond i pictured something you can ride the 4x4's through >:D
Looks GREAT Jason, Only thing now is , Mamma is talking about one :'(
Do you have any fish in there. I have a catfish that probably weighs aroung 4 lbs in a 55 gallon tank and should build something like that and put him in it.
That looks fantastic Smoke. Great job.
thanks mtg, yeah yunt, i have three shubunkin goldfish, three comet goldfish, and two small catfish...all the fish are about 8" long including tails right now. but they should get twice that size, the pond is 200 gallons. it is a preform from lowe's, really easy to install. i will get some pictures of the fish when i feed them today.
Looks good Smoke. Watch out for egrets, I've lost quite a few Koi to them. I put this one together about 5 yrs ago. I have three generations of Koi in it
[attachment deleted by admin]
go and get one of those fake owles and put it near your pond and it will keep the other birds away from you pond
That didn't seem to bother them but they didn't like the bottle rockets much ;)
a friend of mine put some spikes in the ground and then criss crossed some fishing line to them. the birds wont go near it cause they get caught up in the fishing line. looks great by the way. john
nPR nice....i am going to get some water plants this week.....i think i lost a gold fish today, so i will be doing something.
Smoke, also if your edges are sloped you have to watch out for raccoons, if they can touch the bottom they will go in after your fish. I dug mine 30'' deep straight down. My neighbor has a concrete pond that is sloped to about 16'' deep and they can't keep the coons out.
looks really cool. I wish I could have one but its a lot of $ and i'm afriad of gators eating my fish. I have a fish tank right now.
I wish I had pictures of the japanese garden and pond we built at our house in Texas. A quarter of our yard was a running stream down into the pond. We had coi and algae eaters in it.
Ours wasn't nice enough to have lights in the bottom though.
They don't have to be that expensive to make. We didn't use a prefab pond rather dug it out and poured concrete then hid that w/ different rocks we found while hiking.
There's just something peaceful and zen about having water and listening to it. Next you'll be creating a waterfall for it. They have inexpensive kits for those at Michael's arts and crafts store.
Nice job! I really like the underwater lights.
I had a problem with those darn birds until I put a fake floating alligator in it not one problem since...
here is a picture of a fish I've had for 9 years and yes he is in the bottle
[attachment deleted by admin]
Quote from: dirtsurfer on December 24, 2005, 09:11:01 AM
here is a picture of a fish I've had for 9 years and yes he is in the bottle
thats fake. if its a real fish thats pretty mean to leave him in there, hes too big.
fish in a bottle :) going to have to try that