does anyone know of a site where it says how to adjust the valve on a 300ex or does anybody feel like typing it out....
thanks i need to adjust them bad theres a hguge clicking noise and i cant ride until its fixed
I checked with jayz400 and you have to remove the fuel tank, set eng at top dead center and remove the two caps on the valve cover (1 frt of eng. one rear) inside the caps is the rockers useing a 10mm box ended wrench on the locking nut and a small needle nose vise grip in the top of the stud loosen jam nut, take a .004 feeler gauge between top of the valve and bottom of the rocker stud and snugg the rocker stud to the feeler gauge and then tighten jam nut back up. rember snug cause you can over tighten and to tight is worse than loose. Repeat for the other side. this is short but to the point but if your not mechcanicly incline dont do this most bike shops chg. little to do this. hope this helps.
I went to the dealer and spent $30 on a Clymer book and it was the best money I ever spent.
Quote from: BIGWORM3699 on December 16, 2005, 10:03:46 PM
I checked with jayz400 and you have to remove the fuel tank, set eng at top dead center and remove the two caps on the valve cover (1 frt of eng. one rear) inside the caps is the rockers useing a 10mm box ended wrench on the locking nut and a small needle nose vise grip in the top of the stud loosen jam nut, take a .004 feeler gauge between top of the valve and bottom of the rocker stud and snugg the rocker stud to the feeler gauge and then tighten jam nut back up. rember snug cause you can over tighten and to tight is worse than loose. Repeat for the other side. this is short but to the point but if your not mechcanicly incline dont do this most bike shops chg. little to do this. hope this helps.
I am pretty sure the intake and exhaust valves have different clearances. I know other bikes are like YFZ and 400ex.
Quote from: LakeMaryKid on December 17, 2005, 02:04:32 AM
Quote from: BIGWORM3699 on December 16, 2005, 10:03:46 PM
I checked with jayz400 and you have to remove the fuel tank, set eng at top dead center and remove the two caps on the valve cover (1 frt of eng. one rear) inside the caps is the rockers useing a 10mm box ended wrench on the locking nut and a small needle nose vise grip in the top of the stud loosen jam nut, take a .004 feeler gauge between top of the valve and bottom of the rocker stud and snugg the rocker stud to the feeler gauge and then tighten jam nut back up. rember snug cause you can over tighten and to tight is worse than loose. Repeat for the other side. this is short but to the point but if your not mechcanicly incline dont do this most bike shops chg. little to do this. hope this helps.
I am pretty sure the intake and exhaust valves have different clearances. I know other bikes are like YFZ and 400ex.
most do, the valve clearance should be somewhere on the quad, usually on the underside of the intake box lid. or on the outside...to many beers can't remember. but it is somewhere, maybe fuse box too.
Go to (www.atvriders.com) & look in the articles it showes pics and inctructions on a 400ex. A 300ex can't be that much different hope this website helps.
Quote from: LakeMaryKid on December 17, 2005, 02:04:32 AM
Quote from: BIGWORM3699 on December 16, 2005, 10:03:46 PM
I checked with jayz400 and you have to remove the fuel tank, set eng at top dead center and remove the two caps on the valve cover (1 frt of eng. one rear) inside the caps is the rockers useing a 10mm box ended wrench on the locking nut and a small needle nose vise grip in the top of the stud loosen jam nut, take a .004 feeler gauge between top of the valve and bottom of the rocker stud and snugg the rocker stud to the feeler gauge and then tighten jam nut back up. rember snug cause you can over tighten and to tight is worse than loose. Repeat for the other side. this is short but to the point but if your not mechcanicly incline dont do this most bike shops chg. little to do this. hope this helps.
I am pretty sure the intake and exhaust valves have different clearances. I know other bikes are like YFZ and 400ex.
I got the info from jayz400 who has built a couple of 300ex eng. I know all the suzuki 4 strokes I have done were diffrent from the ext. to intake. just trying to help