ARE THEY SAFE ?? WHICH ONES'S ARE THE BEST
I couldn't load my Grizzly in the back of ny truck if I had spacers.
(27" tires on the Grizzly in the back of a F-150 Flareside just fits)
Check out highlifter.com for spacers. I think they have them in 1" and 1.5"
sizes.
For TT I don't think they aren't too bad. They aren't the best way to go, but not unsafe either. I wouldn't use them for MX though. With the jumps and landings I wouldn't trust them on a full size quad. Pee Wees it would be fine, I have seen a lot of the kids with them. But they don't get the air the big quads do.
That's just my opinion.
I am running 2" spacers and 28x28x12 mudlites on my Pairie and very pleased with the handling.
I RIDE A RAPTOR 660 AND IT SO DAME
TOP HEAVY I FLIP ALL THE TIME
Rocky Mountain ATV has a brand called G-Force. They are about 75 or 80 per axle. They are on my list for next year. They also have rear G-Force axle for 199.00 that is supposed to be pretty strong. Dirt Wheels tested it (Project DVX 400) and liked it. Not sure why Yamaha made the 660 so narrow, but I think spacers will help the handling quite a bit.
YES!!!
I have a set on my 450 and have had them on for a year now. One of the cheapest and best mods you can do to your bike in terms of handling. I've riden MX, TT, and Trails w/ mine and they definitley help. My only gripe would be in the trails where it's narrow. But that's it!
I have Moose spacers on my Raptor 660. 2 1/2" in the back each side and 1 1/2" in the front each side..... It is a huge difference!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I put 2" spacers on my Brute Force and love it. Gives me a wider stance and also saves my fenders from hitting trees since the tires stick out just past the fenders.
i heard if u apply to much pressure they will break, but not really sure a friend told me.
WHAT IS THE STRONGEST BRAND ?? ANDYBODY??
Quote from: DZ 350 on December 21, 2005, 02:35:56 AM
i heard if u apply to much pressure they will break, but not really sure a friend told me.
All depends on the type you get.
Quote from: Brute Force on December 22, 2005, 04:09:28 PM
Quote from: DZ 350 on December 21, 2005, 02:35:56 AM
i heard if u apply to much pressure they will break, but not really sure a friend told me.
All depends on the type you get.
http://www.xtreme-products.com/wheel_spacers.htm
These are the type of wheel spacers I have for my Brute Force and have had no problems.
ANY OTHER BRANDS ???
rockymountainatv.com sells the aluminum ones with the studs already installed in them . ( G-Force is the name ) they sell for about 70 per set . you will need 2 sets . one set for the front and one set for the rear . other brands are graphite or plastic . i personally think the aluminum ones would be better . i had them on my yfz450 and never had any problems .