My Raptor's front sprocket cover got ripped of from the Crank Case. I sent it to the Dealer and took pics of the damage and will probably get a New Crank case. What do you think could have caused this? I have a Loose cahin but could that cause the chain to whip and break it off? ???
yes what happens is that the chain goes into a wad and then is pushed forward by the rear wheels moving.. and then once it breaks it un wads it self.. but u need to keep the right tension in ur chain and u wont have any problems..
O ok..thanks
did the chain brake and come off the front sproket
Ok the sprocket cover gets ripped off but your getting a new crank case? Umm do you have things confused? You should have i think half inch-inch sag in a chain. Sprocket guard is called a chain guard. Explain what happened.
what happend is that he didnt have his chain tight enough.
and then he was riding and it wadded up on the front sprocket.
so then as he was going foward it was in a wad and it broke off the threads.. there for he needs a new case because if its like the old raptor660s when my freinds broke off it leaked oil..
but thats what i think happend from what i understand.
Nothing is wrong! ::) its only a plastic cover but it was atleast 1/4 inch steal that ripped of and I thought the dealer would just weld it its not bothering anything at all!!!
I wish I had all the money to take my quad to the dealer. Then again the dealer doesnt know his azz from his elbow
Quote from: rappy350 on December 07, 2005, 10:26:11 PM
I wish I had all the money to take my quad to the dealer. Then again the dealer doesnt know his azz from his elbow
Or a quad from an elbow for that matter.
It's not a big problem it's just a little thing causes for a whole new cranf case to be put in the right way. I could just ride it like how it is now but I have it on warranty still and want it done. The dealer did'nt call me yet and wondering when they will. I dont think the chain wadded up or anything, I have an 1 1/2 in. of slack. It couldn't wade up not enough slack. And my chain did not break.
Stop making a big deal! :-\ You are going to ride with out it at Sandmountain!! :D