My sister woke up to a 3 1/2' Dead Diamond Back Rattler this morning outside in the front yard :o
They have 2 small children and the neighborhood is full of kids.
Her development is in a swamp in New Tampa :( I was wondering "WHEN" something like this would happen :-\ not "IF" So what are these developers thinking? $$$$ >:( :cursing.gif :gh :F :gr :banghead.gif
Right behind the house there is a preserve (aka ...A SWAMP)
So I think I'll get her a 22 w/rat shot for Christmas ;)
(http://img483.imageshack.us/img483/3452/snake15le.jpg)
(http://img483.imageshack.us/img483/5859/snake24rw.jpg)
Looks like it just puked a squid ???
that is one fat and happy rattler,,,,he was young but growing,,,see the belly on him?
a place I used to ride at way back in the day used to find rattlers in the 5' - 8' range all the time, you practically had to watch where you stepped they were so thick. Now, that place is called "Peppermill" near the corner of Central FL. Parkway and John Young in Orlando(housing development). I remember before the JYP went through, suddenly one weekend we were out there a HUGE mound of clay was brought in,,,we had fun on that till they started paving it to make JYP ;-)
Id@
About a month after I moved into my newly built house in Orlando I heard my dog going crazy in the dining room. I went into check it out and found him playing with a baby diamond back about 1' long. Guess he got in between the sliders. I took my dog and locked him in the bedroom, came back with a bag and stick, and no snake. Found him about 15 minutes later behind the fridge. Took him outside and cut him in half with a shovel.
It happens. Glad nobody was hurt.
how was the snake killed? it looks pretty gruesome. I do agree that these developers don't worry about what happens after they build the subdivision and leave. Of course the snakes aren't going to come around when they are bulding with all the heavy equipment. The snakes are gonna wait until the kids are trying to play peacefully in their backyard
Quote from: Ida_Mann on November 30, 2005, 03:19:10 PM
that place is called "Peppermill" near the corner of Central FL. Parkway and John Young in Orlando(housing development).
That's funny. My house was in Southchase just across the street from Peppermill.
Ewwwww!! That's a lot of guts!! :B
Glad everyone is ok!
Make a nice hat band ;)
wth did you do to that snake. Did you take a cement block and drop it on his head time and time again.
Quote from: kawGIRL on November 30, 2005, 03:06:26 PM
My sister woke up to a 3 1/2' Dead Diamond Back Rattler this morning outside in the front yard :o
They have 2 small children and the neighborhood is full of kids.
Her development is in a swamp in New Tampa :( I was wondering "WHEN" something like this would happen :-\ not "IF" So what are these developers thinking? $$$$ >:( :cursing.gif :gh :F :gr :banghead.gif
Right behind the house there is a preserve (aka ...A SWAMP)
So I think I'll get her a 22 w/rat shot for Christmas ;)
(http://img483.imageshack.us/img483/3452/snake15le.jpg)
(http://img483.imageshack.us/img483/5859/snake24rw.jpg)
Looks like it just puked a squid ???
I am gettin the same christmas present for the same reason
Quote from: rappy350 on November 30, 2005, 07:16:38 PM
wth did you do to that snake. Did you take a cement block and drop it on his head time and time again.
I am gettin the same christmas present for the same reason
Thats how they found it this morning :dunno.gif Looks like a car hit it
:box.gif :box.gif :ouch.gif :box.gif :ouch.gif :K the only good snake is a dead one
Quote from: SwampRat on November 30, 2005, 03:46:29 PM
Quote from: Ida_Mann on November 30, 2005, 03:19:10 PM
that place is called "Peppermill" near the corner of Central FL. Parkway and John Young in Orlando(housing development).
That's funny. My house was in Southchase just across the street from Peppermill.
if it's the development that backs up to Shingle Creek, then that is exactly where I used to ride,,,I think there's a hotel on the spot now.
that little concrete bridge that goes over Shingle Creek right before you get to JYP used to be in the middle of a field(no road) then the central florida parkway was extended and JYP went through. we used to ride all day then set up camp on that bridge and watch the fireworks from Sea World.
Id@
Awsome!
(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v648/o4250/snake5.jpg)
;D
Cool pictures..Hey, that reminds me.. Does anyone have some Ramen Noodles that I could eat? ;D
now that's a rattler,,,awesome.
Id@
kool!
thats scary, expecially with small kids around. great pics though
I took this photo last Tuesday 11/22/2005 on 588 in ONF. Awesome!
Cheers,
David
[attachment deleted by admin]
Man those snakes are dangerous :Y
Quote from: Raptor700R on November 30, 2005, 10:28:28 PM
Man those snakes are dangerous :Y
Are you sure? I was thinking of getting one as a pet. ::) ::) ::)
Looks like it was ran over by a car. BTW thats a female and those are babys that came out of her mouth ;)
That right no eggs.....Most rattlesnakes mate in April or May, and are born in late August through October. Rattlesnakes bear living young that develop from eggs within the female's body. The mother offers no care or protection and babies are capable of biting from the moment they are born. They are born with one segment of their rattles and grow one new section each time they shed their skin. The number of rattles cannot be used to determine a rattler's age.
Quote from: big-daddy on December 01, 2005, 11:49:54 AM
Looks like it was ran over by a car. BTW thats a female and those are babys that came out of her mouth ;)
Oh,Ok, Well that explains it. I thought it just ate a plate of spahgetti. :D
Great info mate
Quote from: rappy350 on November 30, 2005, 07:28:55 PM
:box.gif :box.gif :ouch.gif :box.gif :ouch.gif :K the only good snake is a dead one
I second that!
Dammit! Now I'm finding myself looking under this desk to make sure there are no snakes near me :-\
Quote from: Ride1Rob on December 02, 2005, 05:02:09 AM
Dammit! Now I'm finding myself looking under this desk to make sure there are no snakes near me :-\
I think I am going to have nightmares tonight. ???
Quote from: T2slil'sis on December 02, 2005, 05:26:48 AM
Quote from: Ride1Rob on December 02, 2005, 05:02:09 AM
Dammit! Now I'm finding myself looking under this desk to make sure there are no snakes near me :-\
I think I am going to have nightmares tonight. ???
HA HA! :D Tell you the truth... I am doing the same thing! Thats freaky!