ATV Florida Forum

General => Tech Corner => Topic started by: lswjth2 on November 27, 2005, 02:21:54 AM

Title: 2001 Honda rancher maual shift turns off in water.
Post by: lswjth2 on November 27, 2005, 02:21:54 AM
Hello all. I have a 2001 Honda Rancher4x4 manual shift and everytime water gets above the floor board it turns off and will not start. I have already put dielectric
grease on the plug and all the electrical connections i can find. I can hose it down all day and it will not turn off, but if i go into the water above the floorboards it dies? any help would be greatly apprceciated... Thxs rick
Title: Re: 2001 Honda rancher maual shift turns off in water.
Post by: rappy350 on November 27, 2005, 02:42:20 AM
does this model have the manual shift on the handlebar.
Title: Re: 2001 Honda rancher maual shift turns off in water.
Post by: lswjth2 on November 27, 2005, 12:52:22 PM
No, on this one you shift using the shift lever on the left floorboard.
Title: Re: 2001 Honda rancher maual shift turns off in water.
Post by: kodiak-jason on November 28, 2005, 06:04:30 PM
Plug the vent on the carb. float bowl, the one that hangs down below the bike. That should take care of you're problem. Jason
Title: Re: 2001 Honda rancher maual shift turns off in water.
Post by: lswjth2 on November 28, 2005, 11:29:47 PM
Thxs Jason. I will give it a try...Rick