I figured some of us need to meet these kids and let him see what a big group of friends this is. I was thinking right after hunting season, in either Big Scrub or Eureka. What does everyone else think about it.
I think they won't show. 8)
They should show. Let them pick the date. Even if they don't show, it will be a good group ride!
Well it will be great to have a group ride and meet everyone but let's pick a date after hunting season....
Quote from: Raptor700R on November 23, 2005, 07:52:44 PM
Well it will be great to have a group ride and meet everyone but let's pick a date after hunting season....
Helps to read a little. Pay attenion more in english class when they are covering "READING COMPREHENSION"!
Quote from: bigscrub79 on November 23, 2005, 01:26:41 PM
I was thinking right after hunting season, in either Big Scrub or Eureka.
Quote from: LakeMaryKid on November 23, 2005, 09:50:17 PM
Quote from: Raptor700R on November 23, 2005, 07:52:44 PM
Well it will be great to have a group ride and meet everyone but let's pick a date after hunting season....
Helps to read a little. Pay attenion more in english class when they are covering "READING COMPREHENSION"!
Quote from: bigscrub79 on November 23, 2005, 01:26:41 PM
I was thinking right after hunting season, in either Big Scrub or Eureka.
Uhmmm... Why would anyone want to read the thread before they reply?
Oh wait, because that would make sense.
I'm for it,,,,you two cousins pick the date.
Id@
Since its going to be after hunting season, i wont be able to make it... The kingquad and 400ex will be in someone else's hands by then.
RL you done with riding?
Sounds like fun!
Quote from: Da_Mtg_Man on November 25, 2005, 02:18:05 AM
Just like that? Why are you quitting riding?
Mainly due to the lack of riding areas, driving 4 hours to ride some place decent without having to worry about da po-leese, you cant make that a 1 day trip (we have... but its tough). My parents are interested in getting back into street bikes (they rode street bikes before my sister and me), aaaand I would also like to get into it. You can ride anywhere, and not have to worry about trespassing constantly.
We've already planned a trip to Deals Gap, NC (Home of the Tail of the Dragon (http://tailofthedragon.com) and heres some pictures (http://killboy.com) of it). And a few idea for the next couple years: a trip to California, Maine and Sturgis.
sounds fun lets keep buimping this topic so we can all get the new information oin it thanks
Quote from: RL400 on November 25, 2005, 03:55:03 AM
Quote from: Da_Mtg_Man on November 25, 2005, 02:18:05 AM
Just like that? Why are you quitting riding?
Mainly due to the lack of riding areas, driving 4 hours to ride some place decent without having to worry about da po-leese, you cant make that a 1 day trip (we have... but its tough). My parents are interested in getting back into street bikes (they rode street bikes before my sister and me), aaaand I would also like to get into it. You can ride anywhere, and not have to worry about trespassing constantly.
We've already planned a trip to Deals Gap, NC (Home of the Tail of the Dragon (http://tailofthedragon.com) and heres some pictures (http://killboy.com) of it). And a few idea for the next couple years: a trip to California, Maine and Sturgis.
not to be able to say "i told you so" but you will regret it. I had my quads sold out from under me when I was 18 years old,,,,the bug stayed with me till finally in my 27th year being on this planet,,,I was able to get me another one.
good luck with the street bikes.
Id@
street bikes are cool.......I ride a goldwing 1500.
Think a couple hour travel is far to ride a quad?
If you are not riding your street bike to "Deals Gap, NC (Home of the Tail of the Dragon), California, Maine and Sturgis".....you will be towing.
I love riding my goldwing, and so far, riding my ATV. But a family riding to Sturgis, Maine and Calif? Unless it has a sidecar, we are talking three people riding two bikes (at least) a few thousand miles. You will be towing, I venture to guess.
Hmm.....tow a street bike 2 thousand miles.........tow a quad 200 miles.
(I have done both)
Not really a reason to give up ATVs. (but it's your story.....stick to it) LOL
chuck'roast
People do cross country rides on motorcycles all the time.. My parents went all over the place on their gold wing. We aren't going to be towing, whats the point of getting motorcycle if you aren't going to ride them? Sure its a long ride, but thats the fun of riding. This is an ATV website so I somewhat expected people to say something to the effect of thats no reason to give up atvs. Theres no rules, just like Outback steak house.
Quote from: RL400 on November 25, 2005, 03:55:03 AM
Quote from: Da_Mtg_Man on November 25, 2005, 02:18:05 AM
Just like that? Why are you quitting riding?
And a few idea for the next couple years: a trip to California, Maine and Sturgis.
When I was in maine a couple years back there was a guy and his wife riding their motorcycle when a moose walked out in front of them and they hit it. Killed the husband on impact and cant remember about the wife.
Which that would happen with a deer to but the chances of deer and moose crossing interstates/backroads in maine are a whole lot higher than around here ;)
I wish! ::) Maby SAND MOUNTAIN
When is the last day of hunting season in Ocala ?
Jan 22nd I think
we should get them to go there for the new years eve ride!
Quote from: RL400 on November 25, 2005, 03:55:03 AM
Quote from: Da_Mtg_Man on November 25, 2005, 02:18:05 AM
Just like that? Why are you quitting riding?
Mainly due to the lack of riding areas, driving 4 hours to ride some place decent without having to worry about da po-leese, you cant make that a 1 day trip (we have... but its tough). My parents are interested in getting back into street bikes (they rode street bikes before my sister and me), aaaand I would also like to get into it. You can ride anywhere, and not have to worry about trespassing constantly.
We've already planned a trip to Deals Gap, NC (Home of the Tail of the Dragon (http://tailofthedragon.com) and heres some pictures (http://killboy.com) of it). And a few idea for the next couple years: a trip to California, Maine and Sturgis.
agreed. If they take the spot i ride at away i will :'( and then sell my bike and get into something else. We have a boat now but never use it. I'm thinking if riding gets taken away i'll mabey get a faster boat
Quote from: Kawa3 on November 30, 2005, 02:58:09 AM
Quote from: RL400 on November 25, 2005, 03:55:03 AM
Quote from: Da_Mtg_Man on November 25, 2005, 02:18:05 AM
Just like that? Why are you quitting riding?
And a few idea for the next couple years: a trip to California, Maine and Sturgis.
When I was in maine a couple years back there was a guy and his wife riding their motorcycle when a moose walked out in front of them and they hit it. Killed the husband on impact and cant remember about the wife.
Which that would happen with a deer to but the chances of deer and moose crossing interstates/backroads in maine are a whole lot higher than around here ;)
thats the only thing stoping me from getting a street bike like an r6. oh and my parents