suggestions? and don't tell me to powdercoat because:
a: not enough cash for that
b: might not like the color
c: not enough cash
d: easier to change my mind if I don't like the color.
looking for suggestions on what kind of paint and such.
Id@
Spray it with Rhino liner
uggggg, no thanks, I don't beat my quad enough to warrant that,,,plus I wanna make it look better ;-)
Id@
spray it with amron its a tuff paint hard to chip i think thats how you say it :)
How about powdercoating it? ;D
GEE i thought you mods made all the money!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
open up that big wallet and have it pc .
lol
I went with the budget route. I sanded the whole thing with sandpaper. (medium grit). Then washed it with degreaser and used a rag with alcohol to make sure it was dry and didn't have any oil left on the frame. Then got 5 or so cans of the Suzuki blue and went to town. I let it dry for 2 days. Well actually a week. The following weekend I then sprayed it with a clear coat. Looks great. Of course, after riding it over and over I did wear out the normal places when my feet are in contact with but everything else is still good. -Mark
What condition is the frame in? Is it a 400ex like your sig says?
If it's just a strip it and repaint it I might could give you the hook
up. Let me know!
Dano
P.S.
I would strip it, seal it, base coat it then clear coat it. Using All
Dupont materials.
A little something like this:
[attachment deleted by admin]
Personally, by the time you buy a good paint and spend all the time preping and spraying, the couple hundred you will spend for PC will not cost you any more and it will last 100 times longer...and also you will not have to do anything...
Quote from: TOY_DOCTOR on November 22, 2005, 12:42:33 PM
Personally, by the time you buy a good paint and spend all the time preping and spraying, the couple hundred you will spend for PC will not cost you any more and it will last 100 times longer...and also you will not have to do anything...
Personally for me... I have a strip tank and I get the paint for free. It gets
baked at 200 degrees and I was gonna do it for free. All he has to do
is get it to me. I was even gonna meet him 1/2 way.
I don't think you can beat that deal with a stick.
And saying that PC'ing will last 100 X longer is just simply not true.
YEP I agree, Don't get much better than that....
PRICES
http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=183254 (http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=183254)
PICS
http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=132866 (http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=132866)