not knowing how many miles a belt would last (my 2000 grizz had 1148 miles on it when I bought it) I changed my belt at 1208 miles.
The belt that was on the griz looked good to me......but I was wondering why there are two holes leading to the same air duct?
I can almost understand the clutch spinning and maybe needing a vent of some sort (guessing here).....but one of the vents is forward and low. The other is more towards the top of the engine. I was just wondering if there was a particular reason....for two vents Vs. one large vent.
It kinda works like intake and exhaust, with just one vent it won't work. Jason
That would kind of make sence I guess..say like having two windows open in a house making a flow through ventilation,
except on my Grizzly 600.......the two 'vents' I guess you could call them..are ducted into the same 'pipe'.
The vents form a "Y" shape into one tube.
Also, when I changed my belt........I saw some 'fur' in side the engine cover. I guess something must have crawled down there and nested at some point. I did not see any bones.....so I guess whatever it was....got out.
Took my Grizzly out today to a small local area and couldn't tell the difference that I had a new belt (I think that means the old one was OK)
Just keep the old one in the truck for a spare, for when you burn up the new one.
Like was stated earlier the belt should have an intake and exhaust. They are probably not right next to each other. I beleive the exhaust comes out towards the rear of the bike on those.