The Big Brown Truck has been good to me lately.
My new tires Interco Swamp Lites(couldn't find any reviews on them so figured I'd try them for myself) I hope they are good.
(http://members.aol.com/bigscrb15/Tire.jpg)
(http://members.aol.com/bigscrb15/TireRear.jpg)
My new HMF Utility Series exhaust(very very loud, I have now ordered the Quiet Core insert)
(http://members.aol.com/bigscrb15/HMF.jpg)
Finally got my Winch hooked up an d working, I have $120 invested in this "experimental" project, so if it fails the first time in the mud we will know why.
(http://members.aol.com/bigscrb15/Winch.jpg)
The best of them all, we finally broke down and bought a new trailer!! 6'4"x16' Tandem Axle.
(http://members.aol.com/bigscrb15/Trailer.jpg)
And finally so we don't have to deal with straps on the trailer we bought these fulton Lock n Tiedowns, there is one on the fron and one around the rear axle, while in the locked position you can not unbolt them from the trailer, so they will be pretty secure.
(http://members.aol.com/bigscrb15/Lock.jpg)
I like the idea for the strapping down and it also secures for theft!!!
nice mods and trailer. i hope thoes tires work out for you since there an off-brand.
-mokas-
you can always re-direct the brown truck to my house if you wish ;-)
Id@
the tire arnt a off brand they r from interco(wich makes vamps ) !
also where did u look for reviews for them at cuz hiogh lifter has alot and from what people say they are more of a trail tires but they look realy good on ur bike.
Quote from: MOKAS on November 14, 2005, 11:30:20 PM
nice mods and trailer. i hope thoes tires work out for you since there an off-brand.
-mokas-
Interco is Hardly an "offbrand" when it comes to offroad tires. They make Super Swampers and Vamps.
lol, alright Ida, ill remember that.
I read some on highlifter, but they werent reviews from people that used them alot.
oh ok i got the same pipe on my rancher and love it what size are the tires ??
they are stock size (25x8x12, 25x10x12) I didnt want any bigger since I don't know how they perform for me. If I really like them then I will get new rims and tires.
From what I have herd on www.arcticchat.com the Swamp lights are very nice and pull great and ride great. Was thinking of getting them after hunting season but going either 29.5 laws or 28 zillas
But it looks great!
well, finally got the vinson off the trailer for the first time since I have had this stuff. No mud so can't comment on the tires, but I had a dynojet jet kit installed, and it really opened up the quad, it leaves Josh's(stock vinson) in the dust. I am ordering a k&n filter when I get back from GA. The quiet core does quiet the exhaust a little bit and makes it much more bearable to ride behind.
Looks good. I like the tie downs..
It's about time you got some better tires. Nice method of securing the quads to the trailer.
As far as Brown goes.....last time I saw brown was this morning in the toilet. And once the payments on the truck start that's the only brown I'll see for awhile. Glad Brown is treating you better.
good idea for locking down the quads...real good!
I will tell yall those tie downs are the greatest. Yesterday when we were testing the quads we pulled off the road and throught his ditch. The bank on the ditch didnt look too steep, but when we were leaving we realized just how steep it was. The trailor slid down on the way out but the quads never moved. I highly recommend them to anyone.
i can think of the best place to test out those tires, btw, great carpet job ;) :P ::)
Quote from: klutchbuster350 on November 21, 2005, 08:35:38 PM
i can think of the best place to test out those tires, btw, great carpet job ;) :P ::)
LOL I am actually trying them out in GA, this weekend but hopefully will get to try them out there also. Oh yeah by the way i got some mudlites.
Quote from: Eworm on November 14, 2005, 10:48:48 PM
I like the idea for the strapping down and it also secures for theft!!!
It's good for towing, not anti-theft. Give me one min. and I will have that tie-down cherry red hot and broken and have myself a new ATV, that's just how easy it is. I think the best way to secure ATV's from theft is to have them surrounded by trucks....By the way, sweet tires!
Nice.. Good luck with them!
nice pics I was lookin at buying some of those swamp lites for my dads kodiak
Quote from: Dr.Dirt on November 22, 2005, 04:47:56 AM
Quote from: Eworm on November 14, 2005, 10:48:48 PM
I like the idea for the strapping down and it also secures for theft!!!
It's good for towing, not anti-theft. Give me one min. and I will have that tie-down cherry red hot and broken and have myself a new ATV, thats just how easy it is. I think the best way to secure ATV's from theft is to have them surrounded by trucks....By the way, sweet tires!
If you have a torch and enough balls to light it up and steal it and draw that much attention to yourself, go ahead and take the quads. It would be easier to drag the truck out of the way with a strap than cut the locks off.
The tires were awesome! Just got back from GA and rode at Durhamtown. They do really good, but still can't wait to try them in some Florida mud.