Looking at planning a trip to an out of state campground that allows ATV riding...access to trails etc. It would need to have electric since I'm taking the wife and kids and a cabin would be even more preferred. Thanks for any suggestions.
Pat
check out Durhamtown in GA.
you shall not be dissapointed.
Id@
WOW...just checked out their website. Place looks incredible. I know the wife will like those cabins. Do you have any idea regarding "peak season"...if its always crowded, when a good time to go is etc?
Thanks again!
Pat
several members of this site have been,,,,I would suggest that you call and ask if they have had any rain in the last week, or expect any during your stay,,,,,water and GA clay don't mix well with riding there ;-)
go to the photo section here and check out "Durhamtown Pics"
Id@
We just got back from redcreekoffraod.com in Mississippi and it was great for utility quads. We staied in the cottage and it sleept 9 and was a great place at a great price. Very challenging place to ride and some great mud and trails. A good price for what you get. We will be back soon.
Jim
Quote from: Seabeejim on November 16, 2005, 02:39:09 AM
We just got back from redcreekoffraod.com in Mississippi and it was great for utility quads. We staied in the cottage and it sleept 9 and was a great place at a great price. Very challenging place to ride and some great mud and trails. A good price for what you get. We will be back soon.
Jim
could a sport atv make it around out there
Quote from: Pat on November 12, 2005, 08:42:06 AM
Looking at planning a trip to an out of state campground that allows ATV riding...access to trails etc. It would need to have electric since I'm taking the wife and kids and a cabin would be even more preferred. Thanks for any suggestions.
Pat
try http://www.atvpathfinder.com/ they have a nice lisiting of places in many states near us
I HIGHLY RECOMMEND DURHAMTOWN, GA.. IT'S THE BOMB!!!!
THERE'S JUST ALOT OF FUN TO BE HAD.. THE PEOPLE ARE FRIENDLY, THE TRAILS ARE AWESOME.. AND I CAN GUARANTEE YOUR BONES WILL BE ACHING FOR WEEKS FOLLOWING THE TRIP..
MY SON, FRIENDS AND I LOVED IT.. GREAT PLACE..
TVMAN
The best riding I have seen yet was in Wisconsin. We rode in the Chequamagin National Forest and it was awesome. I wold reccomend the Moose Jaw Lodge.
There is a place in southeast Kentucky. miles and miles of trails through the mountains. Old coal mine trails I beleive. You can drive your quad down the streets into town and everything. Guides are furnished for free. I have been wanting to go there for a while now.
What's the name of the place in Kentucky??
Windrock ATV club in Oliver Springs, Tn.. 72000 acres of mountain riding. All different skill levels. I'm going back in the spring when it warms up a little.
Try Hatfield-McCoy trails in southern West Virginia. Towns are ATV friendly, (you can ride on the streets), over 500 miles of man made trails, plenty of lodging. Rockhouse Lodge and The Depot are highly recommended. I went there last June and it was worth the trip. Definitely an annual thing now. www.trailsheaven.com