Be careful starting Saturday. It would be good to NOT ride early or Late in the day, wear orange so you can be seen and go the opposite direction if you see hunters.
Just take your muffler off they will hear you way before they see you ;). Ride safe
geez, and here I thought it started already.
OK, countdown starts this weekend to when it's safe to ride in the forest again.
Id@
Are we gonna have to worry about them on the trail system?
If you're referring to the new designated trail system for ONF, that's an excellent question. If we're going to have designated ATV trails, then hunters should not be allowed to fire any weapon near those trails. I'm not sure what exact distance is currently allowed near forest service roads, but, it should be the same distance for ATV/OHV trails.
Quote from: AintSkeered on November 11, 2005, 12:33:02 AM
If you're referring to the new designated trail system for ONF, that's an excellent question. If we're going to have designated ATV trails, then hunters should not be allowed to fire any weapon near those trails. I'm not sure what exact distance is currently allowed near forest service roads, but, it should be the same distance for ATV/OHV trails.
absolutely agreed.
Id@
but still..............if you are in 'ear shot' of weapons...................
I would YIELD to the person holding the weapon
Hunting season Exempt. (Do not argue with the man holding the rifle! LOL)
Hunting is a sport/hobby/way of life. I do not intend on taking away a guys (gals) trophy.
Hunters...If I see you/hear you..........respect me and I will damn sure try to stay up range.
chuck
Speaking of is anyone else going to be doing any hunting? I'll be out there this weekend and probably some of the week. Gotta love vacation on opening week. ;)
it is my understanding we won't have to worry about it when the trail system starts..