What GPS is good?Everyone tells me to get a Gps,just in case.
I got the Magellan Meridian Gold. It has expandable SD memory slot for map CD's. It has a ton of features. I would have gotten the color model, but couldn't justify the extra cost.
Here:
https://www.magellangps.com/en/products/product.asp?PRODID=90
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00005OLY8/qid=1112978248/sr=8-1/ref=pd_csp_1/102-7410289-1046527?v=glance&s=sporting-goods&n=507846
Garmin, Try ebay u can find them cheap on there.
garmin Rino 110,120, 130 seems too be a pretty good unit...
Thanks for the info!you to 05greengriz!!
Ok what does someone think about a Magellan Sportrak?195.00 shipped.good or bad.
Thats what I use no problems you just have to buy software for another 100 bucks .
But I believe you have to do that with all of them Jerry
I have the Garmin GPSMap 60c, It has all the features you would need and is in color.
Hello,
I have used my dads sporttrack several times and it is great! I have the color version that is nice, but certainly not worth the difference in price. If I had known more when I got mine I would have spent less money and got the regular sporttrack map.
I do suggest getting the optional mapping software though. It takes a little while to learn how to use everything but you wont regret it.
Have Fun!
Jim
I bought the Magellan sportrack.It said comes loaded ready to use out of the box.
Yes its usable out of the box but you get far more details when you use the software even most of the roads and some trails in ONF are listed Jerry
Garmain GPS 76 S is a great unit and you can oeder a RAM mount for your ATV , motorcycle or vehicle. The screen is large and very easy to use.
how much to they run less than 100 buck? target walmart?
I have the Garmin 76C mapping, large internal memory. Love it, use it in the boat, truck, & atv. 4x4 books.com, also try gpscity.com.
Over $100 though.
I got mine at Radio Shack on sale for 69.99
It's fits right under my seat.
Lots of features for an inexpensive one.
Depends on what you need the GPS for. If you just want it in case you get lost, buy the cheaper one. If you want to use it for much more than dish out the extra cash. I like the SporTrack, but it's not possible to load multiple regions on the SporTrak receiver. I travel so it is easier for me to have multiple regions to choose from rather than delete one region and install another one onto the memory card. I guess you could always buy more than 1 memory card. Again depends what you want to do with the GPS.
The Garmain GPS 76 S cost 275.00 at Boaters world in Sarasota. You can load a ton of maps on it. Good luck.
vegas--whats your model number to the gps you have...