all right for all u chevy or ford fans. wut do u like about chevy/ford??? speak up ;D
94 chevy 189,892 miles and she purrrrr's like a kitten.
MB
03 -04 ford cobra
f-350 diesel dually 4x4
92 F-250 International Diesel...320,000 miles, replaced the glow plugs once....other than that, she runs like a champ!
Oh and those are 320,000 miles pulling a double axle lawn trailer every, single, day. And some days, a gooseneck triple axle with a bobcat and up to 4 10-15' coconut palms.
Hands down that truck is the reason why I will never buy anything but Ford ever again for any sort of work.
We now have 4 F-250 Powerstrokes ('02 '03 and (2) '04s), 3 F-550 dump beds, and 2 F-350s, one of which has 200,000 miles and a 60' cherry picker in the back.
03 f350 4x4 90000 miles never go back to chevy
Thanks Speed ;D
I like my F250 but they need to learn Electrical! going back in the shop for MORE electrical problems! but all in all I like it ;)
ford man here.
97 F150 with 258,000 miles and counting. i do need a new universal joint.
jeff
Dodge! :D
98 chevy 2500. 350 v8 with 288,000. Just replaced bearings and seals in rear axle.
FORD
First-On-Riding-Day
CHEVEROLET
Cheap-Heap-Every-Valve-Rattles-Oil-Leaks-Every-Time
my ford mustang 02 is a junker. That thing fell apart quality-wise really quick
Dodge Ram rules!
Although...and boy am I going to get in trouble for this one...this past month at MSG...every vehicle that got stuck in the muddy roads was pulled out by a ford. [smiley=banghead.gif]
My dodge didn't get stuck though. [smiley=Clap.gif]
85-
Mustang Gt , Working on 72mm Single Turbo 351w .. ( my 10 year project haha)...
85 -
Mustang Lx . 351 Windsor based motor , forged internals,H/C/I , Nitrous Motor, 10pt cage , looking for a -10 second street car that can be daily driven...(should be done my Aug. 05' )
89 Ford Ranger $400 beater truck on 20's
Ed
Well, I feel pretty out numbered already. I am a die hard gm fan. I am actualy partial to gmc over chevy, but prefer either over dodge or ford. I have owned all three of the top dogs, and have had better luck with gm than any other. I have to admit I have not owned any thing long enough to put more than 175k on it, and don't plan on it.
I will say this though... I have an '87 chevy 4x4 short box with 295k on it, and the motor is all stock, never been opened up, and she runs like a champ. No smoke, doesn't leak a drop, no "rappin", The ac is even cold. The axles,springs,and all the running gear has been changed to 3/4 ton. The trans is an all GM 4 speed manuel with 4:11 gears. Now, all that said, the reason I have tied up alot of money in this old truck is the motor and the body. I already bragged on the TBI 350, but the body is just as impresive. I had it painted last year, and the guy that did the paint said there was not one hole to fix, and no rust to sand. Sorry, I just love GM, always will.
Don't forget, if the debate is longevity, toyota will outlast 'em all!
Miracleman
8)
QuoteTHEY PUT A CHEVY MOTOR IN A FORD BODY BECAUSE THEY SPENT ALL THIER MONEY ON THE FORD BODY SO ALL THEY COULD DO TO MAKE IT RUN WAS PUT A CHEAP ASS CHEVY MOTOR IN IT.
YOU CAN BUILD 3 CHEVY MOTORS TO 1 FORD MOTOR.
THAT 1 FORD MOTOR WILL OUT LAST THAT RAGGED OL CHEVY MOTOR BY FAR.
BY
FORD FAN
MY POINT EXACTLY
chevy [smiley=Cool.gif] [smiley=drive.gif] [smiley=groupies.gif] [smiley=Approve.gif] [smiley=bow.gif] [smiley=box.gif] [smiley=Clap.gif] [smiley=king.gif] [smiley=ThumbsUp.gif] [smiley=trophy1.gif]
-mokas-
FORD, 93 ranger 170,000 miles pulls 5wheelers all day long, have a small block crate eng drop in that has been on stand by for 2 years cause the d$m truck wont dye to put eng in. As the say on a cold morrning you can hear a chevy rust. ;D
i see alot of ford people here, i myself like my 97 f150 and my 5.0 powered cheerokee
00 f 250
93 f 150 4x4 whit a 4 inch lift kit,flowmaster,snorkel and 33s
01 ranger
Worked on both all my life.
Fords are work horses but ride like crap.
Chevys ride much better but engines just don't hold up for most.
Dodge is a poor mans work truck. After five years parts just fall off like an old sportster.
My house hold:
1 1984 Mustang sold to a family member w/90K
2 1996 Exploders,still runing strong.(over 140K on both)
2 1997 F150 SC, one still working everyday one sold running great w/167K
1 2000 Navigator w 100K
1 2004 Expedition
1 2004 F250
Ford all the way [smiley=ThumbsUp.gif]
[smiley=drive.gif]
97 Ford F350 Dually.......from auto transport to taking the toys in the enclosed trailer/camper through the mountains of the Carolinas..........smooooooooooooth
i like my 02 ranger with its 3.0 v6 . it pulled a 24 ft trailer with 3 4 wheelers on the back of it with no problem. it has 74,000 on it still going strong.i hate to admit this. but got stuck 1 time and was pulled out by a 4x4 chevy
Gotta love ford !!!!!
Niether,I went to DODGE about 5 years ago from ford and have been very happy. I do believe they are all good trucks,
but DODGE is on top now and they will be for a while. We actually have all DODGE in my house. My wife has a magnum R/T with a HEMI and I have an awesome Ram 2500 4x4 with a HEMI. They have both been great machines.
Now everyone list their fuel milage on each and see who wins.
I seen this somewhere FORD=First On Ride Day.......HMM
First to to what. Get parked on the side of the road. HEHE
Chevy
QuoteNow everyone list their fuel milage on each and see who wins.
I seen this somewhere FORD=First On Ride Day.......HMM
First to to what. Get parked on the side of the road. HEHE
Chevy
You sound like a an import guy with that statement. If I was worried about mpg I wouldn't of bought 2 v8's. My mustang gets around 12mpg but 4.56's will do that. My truck gets around 17 but again I don't care. I prefer power over economy. ;) -Mark
I say KIA ;D
GMC 94- 141,000 miles runs great,drives even better.
QuoteYou sound like a an import guy with that statement. If I was worried about mpg I wouldn't of bought 2 v8's. My mustang gets around 12mpg but 4.56's will do that. My truck gets around 17 but again I don't care. I prefer power over economy. ;) -Mark
You will care when gas hits $3.50 a gallon. No imports here, I remember pearl harbor. ;D
2001 chevy 1500 short box......love it.......fords are ok..
93-96 fords were cool...
2000 EXCURSION 100084 miles & hasnt missed a beat ford
POWER STROKE ALL THE WAY
as for MPG 14 city 16.5 highway
Gee whiz.......
tough one fer me...
Ford makes the best truck, but their cars suck
Chevy makes a damn good car,
Dodge....well.... they DO make the Jeeps nowadays...
Imports? Keep em...I buy american
1999 F-250 4x4 deisel on 38's gettin ready to replace hubs cuz you cant repack the barrings and something got in between my pad n roder so both them r ruined and my 4x4 dont work (eletrical) but hey it keeps the truck clean when u cant play in the mud!! alot of stuff wrong but its because of muddin it. other than that the ladies love a guy who drives a ford :)
DODGE nuff said
me 2003 f150 lariat 5.4L v8. one bad truck.
wife 1992 lincoln town car 4.6L v8 one comfortable car.
fords rock. i take pwr over economy anyday of the week.
Still haven't found one I like yet...I have an 04 Ranger Supercab 4 door and the thing is a piece...It has 18,000 miles on it and I have already replaced the altenator, water pump, fan, fan clutch, door latches, wndow seal, and had the transmission serviced twice...I hate this thing ::)
I am not just a Ford gurl, but a F250 Powerstroke 4x4! The truck that makes me.........
I had a 1993 Chevy 1500 regular cab long bed with the 5.7l on 35's with 180000miles and it ran great, would pull through any type of mud. Now I have a 2002 1500HD(3/4ton) CrewCab Short bed 4x4 with the 6.0L and I love it. I could never go with ford. I am getitn excited about the new 2007 silverados, I have yet to see any spy shots or anything but have heard that they are going to blow everything else out of the water as far as size, and engines and comfort. The report I read said something about being styled after a "Big Rig"