i have the tire pressure right at 36psi but it seems to drive straight under power can not turn plus iam not trying to ride this like its a raptor what gives??
You have your pressure at 36 psi? You need to drop that by about 30psi.
When it's in 4 wheel drive it is harder to turn than when in 2 wheel drive.
yeah thats alotta pressure i only 3psi in my holeshots. Diffrent tire but not to make up for a 33psi diffrence.
Maybe he means kPa? :dunno.gif
Hey man I only got like 4 or 5 psi in my kodiak and it is a little hard to steer in 4 wheel drive.
What year kodiak? if it's a 93 thru 99 , it's full time 4-wheel drive and it's normal to have "hard steering". Jason
I've got my front tire pressure way up ther too, 20-25 psi, this keeps the front end up out of the water. I run the rears at 2 or 3 psi to drop the rear to the ground while in the hole. I tried running them at 0 psi like someones Foreman I know of, but the bead was trying to roll off the rim.
If it has a diff locker it will be hard to turn under power. As everyone asked, Why do you feel you need 36 psi in your tires. I run 12 and they are stiff... You have to be careful w/ tha much pressure they will puncture easily.
try sitting on the handle bars backwards. That seemed to work for me.
Quote from: jwscroll on October 27, 2005, 09:24:46 AM
I've got my front tire pressure way up ther too, 20-25 psi, this keeps the front end up out of the water. I run the rears at 2 or 3 psi to drop the rear to the ground while in the hole. I tried running them at 0 psi like someones Foreman I know of, but the bead was trying to roll off the rim.
lol... That is true, I seated the bead on my outlaws and then pulled the pin. I litterally run 0 lbs of pressure in the outlaws.
Tires are rated to about 50-70lbs... So go ahead and bring them up to 65psi, but I do not recomend Highspeed road driving..