My bike broke down while riding in ONF last weekend.I took it to the Yamaha dealer in Jacksonville.They said that it needs a new stator.Their cost for the stator is $358.They also said that the CDI control unit could also be bad,but won't know until they replace the stator.The cost of the CDI is $302.I'm not happy about the costs.I don't know how much they charge for labor.I have a Clymers manual and common sense although I'm not a mechanic.Does anyone know of a cheaper mechanic or cheaper way of fixing this? I'll give it a try myself if there's no really technical stuff. Has anyone done this kind of job?This is my first ATV.Any advise would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
You can call Mike at ATP 407-880-3171. An aftermarket stator for a Warrior is about half the cost of OEM. He has had 2 of them in the shop in the last month with that same problem.