Im looking for a good GPS what is out there?
Ernie
http://www.atvflorida.com/forum/index.php/topic,7546.0.html
Yeah, that's a good thread. I recommend Garmin. The eTrex VentureC or 76cs and a RAM handlebar mount. Don't forget the 12v. adapter to save batteries. :ThumbsUp.gif
I was thinking of the 276C for the larger screen.
Ernie
That's an excellent choice, but pricey. Do you think it might be a little too big? I've got a eTrex Vista and a 176c, and use the Vista for the quad and hunting, the 176c for the boat and vehicle.
If you can swing the price, get the Garmin 276c. I have it with a RAM mount on my handle bars and it is the best GPS I have ever owned. You can't beat the bright color screen and the rechargeable battery lasts 12+ hours on one charge. I purchased addition memory cards and have the topo software with detailed trails of ONF, Big Cypress and more.
I like my 76c map, it has a new screen for use in the sun. Use it in my truck, boat, atv, hunting, anywhere needed. Lots of internal memory and somewhat small. 125mb memory and runs 30 hrs continuous on 2 aaa batteries, and it floats.
Quote from: sk8r_dude on October 17, 2005, 09:10:12 PM
If you can swing the price, get the Garmin 276c. I have it with a RAM mount on my handle bars and it is the best GPS I have ever owned. You can't beat the bright color screen and the rechargeable battery lasts 12+ hours on one charge. I purchased addition memory cards and have the topo software with detailed trails of ONF, Big Cypress and more.
Got 1 for RR??? ;D
No, the software is for the National Forrests and Parks only. I'm trying to make a map using my gps and all the crumb trails. Will try to put them all together for a map, we'll see.
Gotta agree with the group...the 276c. A bit big for my sport bike, so I bought the 76cs. basically the same machine, but smaller screen/total size.
I went with a touratech mount rather than the ram mount most people use which you can find here:
http://www.cycoactive.com/gps/gps_mounts.html
Get a cheap-o
check ebay