ATV Florida Forum

General => Open Discussion => Topic started by: BigRanger on October 13, 2005, 08:23:51 PM

Title: What do yall think?
Post by: BigRanger on October 13, 2005, 08:23:51 PM
I recently got an 05 raptor 350. Its not what I wanted but I couldn't pass up the deal. I'm somwhat of a beginner but I like to hit jumps and ride wheelies. I know I need at least a slip on and an air filter, but other than that, what should I do to the quad to make it a decent freestyle machine. I already got better handle bars but thats it.

If possible, please let me know the approximate cost of products you recomend. I'm trying to keep it around 1000$ including whatever pipe and filter I get. I dont want to get too expensive because I know that I will get a 450 when I can afford one.
Title: Re: What do yall think?
Post by: BigRanger on October 13, 2005, 08:25:22 PM
Oh ya, I also got a better grab bar off ebay that hasn't come in yet.
Title: Re: What do yall think?
Post by: The hyrbid kid on October 22, 2005, 03:18:41 AM
so far idk price's but i heard hmf makes a good pipe for the 350.
airfilter i like twin air my self.
and really for freestyle i think shocks and a-arms would be need but u say ur getting a 450 so pipe and filter will be good.. o yea dont foget to jet it..

and then that thing will be  :Y  sick.
Title: Re: What do yall think?
Post by: Honda250ex on October 29, 2005, 03:13:56 PM
HMF is the to go!!!
Title: Re: What do yall think?
Post by: MOTOCROSS MAVERICK on November 29, 2005, 08:37:44 PM
sell that thing and get a 450!!! i have a raptor 350 and i do freestyle and tricks on it! now i am on my 4th swing arm and 4th axle and only god is counting the price of the rest of the stuff i bought from jumpint it!!! :(
Title: Re: What do yall think?
Post by: Honda250ex on November 29, 2005, 11:40:38 PM
Quote from: MOTOCROSS MAVERICK on November 29, 2005, 08:37:44 PM
sell that thing and get a 450!!! i have a raptor 350 and i do freestyle and tricks on it! now i am on my 4th swing arm and 4th axle and only god is counting the price of the rest of the stuff i bought from jumpint it!!! :(
THATS LIKE $3,000 ARE YOU NUTS, BY THE TIME YOU WANT TO GET A 450 YOU PROBALY SPENT AS MUCH AS THE QUAD IS WORTH! :o
Title: Re: What do yall think?
Post by: MOTOCROSS MAVERICK on November 30, 2005, 01:12:49 AM
its not that much but still expensive!! :'(
Title: Re: What do yall think?
Post by: rappy350 on November 30, 2005, 03:20:55 AM
I heard that if you have a durablue axle and bend it that they will replace it for free.
Title: Re: What do yall think?
Post by: UncleRico on January 14, 2006, 03:27:20 AM
Freestyle upgrade....

definitely switch the rear swing arm and the front shocks out to a set of elkas with the linkage package.


Also, I use a pair of handlebars off a little honda 80...they're small and I can get my legs over them quicker for knack knacks and heel clickers.

Uncle Rico
Title: Re: What do yall think?
Post by: klutchbuster400 on January 14, 2006, 03:33:42 AM
thats a good trick their rico, never heard of that, 80 handle bars......
Title: Re: What do yall think?
Post by: UncleRico on January 15, 2006, 12:19:21 AM
Just remember not to land two hard on the 80 handlebars. If you're a big guy like me, they'll probably snap like a twig.