No, this isn't a joke.
My company is secretly working on laying off a few people on Tuesday, and I'm on the list to get the axe. :'( I understand because the manager was told to get rid of two people and one just quit, leaving me the one with the least amount of service to the company.
They don't know that I know, so shhhhhhh :)
BUT, that leaves me with no job after Tuesday, so I'm asking for a bit of networking help here. If anyone is working for a company that is in need of a computer geek in the Orlando/Maitland/Deltona/Daytona area, please let me know. Unfortunately, I cannot relocate and would rather stay in this field.
I'm headed up to Kentucky tonight for family reasons, but I will be checking the site and emails the entire time.
webmaster@ida-mann.com
Id@
Good luck man! Try monster.com or yahoo hot jobs. In orlando I imagine theres a good amount of jobs. Try the paper.
Well, that bites. :O Sorry about that. Maybe you won't get the axe? I sincerely hope you find another job quickly. Good luck.
I sent you a pm .. good luck really sorry to hear that.
Sorry to heasr that Nathen. I'll keep my ears open for anything coming available in the area.
Nathan sorry to hear that. I hope the rumor mill is wrong. I have plenty of networking contacts in that field down here but unfortunately I'm of no use up there. Good luck. If I hear of anything I'll pass it on.
After 9/11/01 we laid off some at my office, but it is not always the ones with the most seniority that get to stay. If they are trying to save money, sometimes they go for the bigger salaries, I'm hoping that's the case for you. If not, I sent you a PM.
--H
Quote from: Ida_Mann on October 13, 2005, 01:52:23 PM
No, this isn't a joke.
My company is secretly working on laying off a few people on Tuesday, and I'm on the list to get the axe. :'( I understand because the manager was told to get rid of two people and one just quit, leaving me the one with the least amount of service to the company.
They don't know that I know, so shhhhhhh :)
BUT, that leaves me with no job after Tuesday, so I'm asking for a bit of networking help here. If anyone is working for a company that is in need of a computer geek in the Orlando/Maitland/Deltona/Daytona area, please let me know. Unfortunately, I cannot relocate and would rather stay in this field.
I'm headed up to Kentucky tonight for family reasons, but I will be checking the site and emails the entire time.
webmaster@ida-mann.com
Id@
I really know how you feel, My wife and I were both laid off from Lucent Tech about 4 years ago, she had bee there 5 years and I about a year. I couldnt believe it and now I look back and realize that it was meant to be, Good luck on finding a new Job and keep your head up. ;D
I wish it was salary, but I was the middle guy there.
and it is no rumor,,,,I know this for a fact,,,,just they don't know I know because of my contacts 8)
my contacts stay behind the wall,,,,,,at daytona.
Id@
That sucks man. Do something crazy on your last day or give their computers a virus or something lol.
You know my business parnter was in IT so let me talk with him when he gets back from Ohio on Monday and I will get with you. Good luck and remember, you were looking for a job when you found that one.
Ida sorry to here that you are on the chopping block. Im not in your neck of the woods or I would help in the search. Good luck brother and If I can help let me know.
well guys,,,a little bump.
it happened today at about 9:05,,,,,at least I didn't have to work the whole day.
all ya'll who have my cell number,,,,don't bother calling because it was a company cell.
I passed along the upgraded cell to a coworker.
Id@
Sorry to hear that. Can we call and harass your co-worker? ;D
Now there's an idea, but it's not his fault, I think.
Sorry to hear the news Nathan, just gotta keep on keeping on.
Call me, I might have something for you in Orlando.
727-692-3196 or 158*5024*84
OH IDA, Sorry to hear about this, but this may only be a rumor!! If it is true everything happens for a reason...this could end up being the best thing ever!! Keep yer head up and Know people are with you.
That is horrable hope it doesnt happen to you!
That $UCKS >:( Hope you find somthing soon ;)
Quote from: TRX350_On_The_Rack on October 18, 2005, 10:18:24 AM
Sorry to hear that. Can we call and harass your co-worker? ;D
he'd be good natured about it if you did, but he's already put a different chip in it to keep his number.
Id@
Sorry to hear the news, I hope they gave you some severance. :( Let me know if there's anything I can do for you.
Sorry to hear it. :(
they are paying me and keeping insurance till the end of the month and an extra two weeks pay on top of that,,,but oh well.
Id@