Hi, my friend whoisnt on the site asked me to post this, He has a 2001 beartracker 250 4-stroke yamaha semi-auto with foot shift. He said that the engine is running strong but at times the foot gear shift can be hard(foot met with resistance) to use. He says that he can usually push through it but he just wanted me to ask why this is the case and is there anything he can do to alleviate the problem? Thansk for any respones!
i changed the oil and replaced the air filter for him but didn't make a difference
I dont know what to tell you. Does the quad have reverse? If so check if its all the way into gear,drive,nuetral,ect.. Its probably half way stuck in reverse and drive if im right.
yeah it is all the way into drive, i just took it for a spin down the road and its shifts into 1st very easily from neutral, and into 2nd easily, but when going into third i really had push up with my foot to shift it. It was like it was stuck for a few seconds but then is shifted. could it be the clutch? I doesn't tslip or any thing while in a gear though.
That's all I can tell you. If I get any other info I'll let you know. Hope you get it fixed soon.
sound like it has a bent shift shaft to me
CHECK UNDERNEATH AND SEE IF SOMETHING IS JAMMED
nope its snag free
sounds like bent forks he was probably jammin gears
what does that mean "jamming gears"?
Does it jump out of gear or is it just hard to shift ? If it just hard to shift grab the owners manual and adjust the clutch. that should take care of the problem. Jason