Hi im buying a new quad its either a yfz or a 450r both o6's i just wanted to see what everyone thought. I mostly ride trails but am really liking and getting into motorcross. I think with the new bike ill be riding alot more at the tracks. I like the new suzuki 450 but i want to wait till they get the bugs out for the first year. What is a better bike , reliabiity ,speed , suspension????????
Go for the Honda!!!
LT450R
YFZ450 but go with the rapter 700, it is wider and has YFZ450 A-arms plus it will blow a YFZ or TRX or a LT-R
If you ride serious track get the '06 YFZ450 but if you ride track, trail, dunes,..ect get the Raptor 700R. You can't go wrong.
same thing raptor700 said ;D
yamaha is faster
BUY YAMAHA...............EITHER THE 700 OR THE 450,BESIDES HONDA CANT TOUCH EITHER ONE
But the hondas new 06 450r 's engine is diffrent this year higher compression, and i think a new head design.
There is a reason why alot of the Pro's and the local fast riders are switching from yamaha to honda. just look at the results of every pro GNC race this year. Honda TRX450R won 80% of the races.
The Honda has a all new engine. 42HP stock 50HP with the HRC kit. There is a new top dog and it isn't Yamaha.
also the 06 450r has electric start now.
42 HP... Doubt that.. Got any documentation on that.... Plus the YFZ also has a few upgrades of its own like a 10cc upgrade, bigger radiator for better cooling, new style swinger and many more valuable updates... Everyone in track racing is switching over to Honda cause Honda is throwing out so much sponsoring money that you would be stupid not to switch after all, at the track, Its all about the rider.... A 400ex has taken 1st place over a 450R and YFZ at Seminole track many times..... If u wanna trail ride and casualy ride the track get the 700R... On easyrider the driver took both the new YFZ and the new Raptor for a 2 lap time testing and the Raptor got the lowest times on the track... Thats stock, once u do some upgrades the YFZ is better for the track...
And that 400ex would be a let's see a HONDA.LOL
YES I DO!!!!! Here you go read it and weep.
http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=184384
That what I mean... In the track, its all rider.... But in a str8 drag that Honda better hope the yamaha breaks down cause if not its back to the trailer with sled... ;)
All i have to say is i see alot of Honda's push or pull starting Yamaha's at the track to get to gate.
I go to Seminole every week and I havent seen many Yamahas breaking down... One of my boys that goes with me has a 450R and it ripps... Im not bashing Honda I actually like them.. But dont tell me it will out motor a YFZ... Would have to see that... And forget about even trying to see the tail light on the 700R.
I agree about it being the rider., but put the same rider an a better quad and he is even faster. Also the 450R was totally revamped it wasn't just the engine. Do a little research before you compare models.
I meant actual Yamaha HP specs not some guy with uncalibrated dyno...
I have access to a Dyno and the 05 450R puts out 34hp.. A 05 YFZ puts out 39... Yamaha claimed 39 on the yFZ and they where dead on.. Honda claimed 37 on the 450R and they where a bit off.. I guess we will just have to wait and see. I have no problem cause I have a 800cc raptor that will blow the plastics off of any of these bikes on a str8 away ofcourse... On a track I would get lapped by a Mojave 300 ;D ;)
To be fair they are very comparable. it really comes down to what you like better in the way the bike looks. once you start to modify them is where you may gain some advantage either way. It just comes down to how much money you want to spend. Some of the engine builders think you can get a little more out of the Honda and they also think once modified the Honda is a little more reliable. But stock the YFZ is a little faster. at least for the 05 models. it will be interesting to see how thw 06 models compare. RAP 04 do you and your Honda friend have numbers on your bikes. What class do you race in?
Totally agree with u wanna...
I dont race... I just put around... I am waiting for the 300ft sand drag. My brother has a YFZ #15... he is always out there.... And my other boy has a 450R #66 and he races... I am also friends with AROD, WhiteNight, AirMike and the rest of the top 5 at Seminole...
What class do they race in and what are the other top 5 numbers?
Quote from: RAP04 on October 07, 2005, 11:41:09 AM
I meant actual Yamaha HP specs not some guy with uncalibrated dyno...
I have access to a Dyno and the 05 450R puts out 34hp.. A 05 YFZ puts out 39... Yamaha claimed 39 on the yFZ and they where dead on.. Honda claimed 37 on the 450R and they where a bit off.. I guess we will just have to wait and see. I have no problem cause I have a 800cc raptor that will blow the plastics off of any of these bikes on a str8 away ofcourse... On a track I would get lapped by a Mojave 300 ;D ;)
That guy you speak of is the engine builder for Joe Byrd. Ever heard of Joe Byrd? Ever heard of DASA racing engines??? That is the man that builds PRO RACE engines. I believe him. He has credentials. AGAIN do some research before you speek. the 05 and 06 450Rs have TOTALLY DIFFERENT engines.
Quote from: Wannagofaster on October 07, 2005, 11:42:48 AM
To be fair they are very comparable. it really comes down to what you like better in the way the bike looks. once you start to modify them is where you may gain some advantage either way. It just comes down to how much money you want to spend. Some of the engine builders think you can get a little more out of the Honda and they also think once modified the Honda is a little more reliable. But stock the YFZ is a little faster. at least for the 05 models. it will be interesting to see how thw 06 models compare. RAP 04 do you and your Honda friend have numbers on your bikes. What class do you race in?
We are talking about stock for stock. Not modded.
I understand. i don't think either become really good until you Mod them. i rode my 450r stock for the break in only. i do think the Honda is the best bike either way Modded or stock. just my opinion though.
I love my YFZ but it is all up to the rider. The YFZ is a smaller bike. Sits lower and a little wider. The thing to do would be go sit down on both of them. Act like you are taking corners on them, see how it feels for YOU. The bike can have all the power in the world, but if you arent comfertable or able to adjust to the bike, the power wont matter anymore because you wont be able to use it.
Great point svtbolt04.
Quote from: Wannagofaster on October 07, 2005, 12:35:27 PM
I understand. i don't think either become really good until you Mod them. i rode my 450r stock for the break in only. i do think the Honda is the best bike either way Modded or stock. just my opinion though.
You broke in a 2006 450R or an older one?
2005
No comparison. The 2006 has a totally different engine with about 20% more HP.
I have heard and read that. They also say that the motor more closely resembles the CRF motor. I think this is a great move for Honda. I will be building a 2006 in about 6-8 months hopefully that will give all the after market companies enough time to come out with some good stuff and work out the bugs.
There is somene on EXRiders that is building one already. He has photos in the 450R section.
thanks i will go check it out.
ALL RIGHT ALL READY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Quote from: honda250ex on October 07, 2005, 02:40:42 PM
ALL RIGHT ALL READY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Were you involved in our conversation???