I was thinking about going to ocala for a week around christmas but i remember being told it better to stay away from there during hunting season is this true
stay away from dog hunt areas, other than that you should be good
Also, contact IT200, he knows the ONF pretty good, he lives on the edge of it.
You have to be careful in the still hunt areas too. We go during hunting season but we only ride between like 10:00am and 3:00pm and let the hunters have it early and late. We still see some but they are usually just hangin' out in the middle of the day. They have been known to sabotage parking areas and trails so keep your eyes open.
yea i want to go during christmas too. do they hunt on the fire roads?
You can pretty much hunt anywhere, there are more areas open to hunting than riding.
I know Ocala very well...I have been hunting there since I was 5 yrs old and I now have to camps in Ocala. One in Hog Valley and the other in Eureka. Watch all areas...people like my father would shoot someone if they came flying by while he was in a tree hunting...lol
Mike
when is hunting season over?
i want to take my kids riding without worrying about them being shot
bring your kids to the ride on the 29th. After that I'll keep my kids out of the woods till the end of Jan.
I went out this weekend. I parked my car in a trail and slept and at 4am someone came up and asked me to move because they have a hunting spot back there. I rode during the day and didn't see one hunter.
so the end of january hunting season is over???