Hey,
Did that new bill for a new minimum wage of 6.15 go into effect today? Even though it means I would make only 15 cents more then I do now I would still like to know about it.
it starts monday. and man i gotta tell ya it must suck working for peanuts. but hey dont worry. better days are ahead.
Quoteit starts monday. and man i gotta tell ya it must suck working for peanuts. but hey dont worry. better days are ahead.
Thanks for felling my pain. But most people my age start out at crapy pay. Any job reccomendations?
Quoteit starts monday. and man i gotta tell ya it must suck working for peanuts. but hey dont worry. better days are ahead.
Does it start this monday. Today?
yesterday.
mo' money, mo' problems.
MINIMUM WAGE WAS $3.35 :o WHEN I WAS ENTERING THE WORK FORCE
QuoteMINIMUM WAGE WAS $3.35 :o WHEN I WAS ENTERING THE WORK FORCE
We must be the same age then cuz I worked at Winn Dixie in 84-85 and made 3.35 an hr. Looking back, That job was a blast. I remember making the new bagboys shake the chocolate milks before closing. ;D
If it goes up its good. If it drops were F***
Just because it goes up.. doesnt make things any better. If anything it makes things worse because now employers will have to charge more for thier products so that they can pay the extra money for paychecks. All in all it is a lose-lose situation and a never ending cycle.
QuoteJust because it goes up.. doesnt make things any better. If anything it makes things worse because now employers will have to charge more for thier products so that they can pay the extra money for paychecks. All in all it is a lose-lose situation and a never ending cycle.
agreed, but most people don't see it that way.
Id@
QuoteWe must be the same age then cuz I worked at Winn Dixie in 84-85 and made 3.35 an hr. Looking back, That job was a blast. I remember making the new bagboys shake the chocolate milks before closing. ;D
It was $3.35 when I started working to. First job was at a bowling alley.
QuoteJust because it goes up.. doesnt make things any better. If anything it makes things worse because now employers will have to charge more for thier products so that they can pay the extra money for paychecks. All in all it is a lose-lose situation and a never ending cycle.
You would think that it hurts small business's the most. However my wife and a couple of my friends all own small business's which pay way over minimum wage. I just read in the paper today talking about big companys like Walmart. They pay there employees so low that they qualify for the state's Medcaid program. Which means taxpayers are actually paying for there healthcare while Walmart makes billions. Not good...
I remember the good old days at $3.35 an hour. Flipping burgers. Yeeha.
my first full time job back "in the year of our lord" 1974 i made $2.62 per hour. had a new f-100 2wd and still had money left after the bills were paid. but i still lived at home. i remember in 1968 i told my father that i wanted to make $300 per week when i grew up. he just laughed and informed me how little that would amount to.
jeff
dunno how to take this, but I never worked exactly for minimum wage, but when I entered the workforce minimum was $4.35 I think and my first job was a night janitor at the Coral Gables building downtown Orlando for $5 an hour.
them were the days, getting up at 6am to be able to be on the bus and get to school before the first bell at 7am the Rifle Team practice for an hour after school, then I had an hour to myself before I had to be at work at 5pm and was there cleaning till usually about 11pm.
I was dog-tired, but I was making $150 a week under the table, I thought I was king of the world.
Id@
$150 per week and still in school. must have felt like you were on top of the world.
jeff