ATV Florida Forum

General => Tech Corner => Topic started by: Moose on September 16, 2005, 03:11:30 AM

Title: 04 foreman winch contactor location
Post by: Moose on September 16, 2005, 03:11:30 AM
I just couldn't figure out a good place to mount the contactor, no place under the seat like I have seen. Didn't like the idea of putting it in the rear storage, it gets drowned quite often. Then as I was looking at it, I saw this void where the factory snorkle was. The more I looked at it, the more I liked it. 5 minutes later there it was. The tank cover and the seat almost touch it, but don't, worked out better than I could have dreamed. As you can tell I was worried where to put it, and am happy I found a place I like.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Title: Re: 04 foreman winch contactor location
Post by: SSRancher on September 16, 2005, 03:25:27 PM
Nice!
Title: Re: 04 foreman winch contactor location
Post by: GSPKurt on September 18, 2005, 12:33:18 AM
Smear some silicone grease on the terminals and studs and nuts to prevent corrosion.
Title: Re: 04 foreman winch contactor location
Post by: Moose on September 18, 2005, 04:00:20 PM
Here's the product I use for all corrosion problems. Have been using this since 1993, my outboard motor looks brand new under the cover.
I spray it on everything I want protection on. What sold me was in 1992 I went to a boat show and saw this 13" color tv turned on under water in a large tank. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. Talked to the guys there, took some home and have been using it since. It's a little pricy, but you get what you pay for, do you want the best protection you can get?

I have found it for $16 to $18 last time I had to buy some, depending on where you get it. Might find a better price on line, haven't looked yet.

http://www.nocorrosion.com/corrosion-control.htm

Title: Re: 04 foreman winch contactor location
Post by: GSPKurt on September 20, 2005, 03:49:35 PM
Quote from: Moose on September 18, 2005, 04:00:20 PM
Here's the product I use for all corrosion problems. Have been using this since 1993, my outboard motor looks brand new under the cover.
I spray it on everything I want protection on. What sold me was in 1992 I went to a boat show and saw this 13" color tv turned on under water in a large tank. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. Talked to the guys there, took some home and have been using it since. It's a little pricy, but you get what you pay for, do you want the best protection you can get?

I have found it for $16 to $18 last time I had to buy some, depending on where you get it. Might find a better price on line, haven't looked yet.

http://www.nocorrosion.com/corrosion-control.htm



Where can I buy some around Gainesville?
Title: Re: 04 foreman winch contactor location
Post by: GSPKurt on September 20, 2005, 06:12:42 PM
By a strange coincidence, a buddy of mine just called- he is in Crystal River at the West Marine and wanted to know if I needed anything for my boat. He has the Corrosion Block in his truck, and is stopping by tonight with it! It pays to have good friends!
Title: Re: 04 foreman winch contactor location
Post by: Moose on September 20, 2005, 08:57:00 PM
West Marine has it, but the price is a little high. Homosasa Marine just a few miles south have it cheaper, $2. Not worth the drive, but when I pass through there I stop.