Sounds too good to be true, but there is a great riding place with 160 Miles of trails, 72,000 acres of leagal riding. Its open 365 days a year, 24 hours aday. Its open to dirtbikes, Quads and 4x4's. The only drawback is that it is 950 miles from Florida.... But may be worth the drive for a vacation. You can go here for more info.
http://www.coalcreekohv.com/
I have not been there yet, but would like to take a trip there.
Anyone been?
ROB
Ft.Lauderdale
you gave my hopes up man!
I'm going with a couple friends October 6 weekend. I'll take pictures. 8)
certainly sounds like it's worth a trip,,,,,can you bring back a map and scan it for the rest of us?
Id@
I wonder what there doing about the liability issue. I see they make you purchase a permit. Maybe they make you sign a release or something. It would be interesting to know so we can follow suit here.
Quote from: Ida_Mann on September 13, 2005, 05:44:51 PM
certainly sounds like it's worth a trip,,,,,can you bring back a map and scan it for the rest of us?
Id@
I can do that.
Quote from: Gamer on September 13, 2005, 05:58:55 PM
I wonder what there doing about the liability issue. I see they make you purchase a permit. Maybe they make you sign a release or something. It would be interesting to know so we can follow suit here.
Yeah, you have to buy a pass, but I don't know about the liability release. I'll find out.
The probably don't care about liability insurance. Its in TN they probably have decent lawas limiting the liability of land owners unlike the great state of FL that lets us sue anyone for anything.
The land if im not mistaken is owned my a coal mining company you have to buy a daily pass i think its like $6.00 and your better off buying a map(i think there $10.00). All the trails are rated and some are supposed to be real tricky(lots of rocks and steep hills). We went there on our last trip with no plans and when we got there it was all utility quads and the guys we talked to in detail sait its a lot of fun (on a utility quad). Its also very hard to find and the camp site people talk about was shut down for dumping waste. You can camp (primitive) where you finda spot though and the place was pretty busy when we stoped by it was a thursday.
Sounds like fun.... Anyone want to take a trip?
I'm leaving Oct. 7 in the early AM if anyone wants to follow me!