Something I've noticed recently is that the pro-riders (and many others that race) use nerf bars without heal guards. Why? When I purchased my nerf bars I made sure to pay the extra for the heal guards for obvious reasons. Is it simply a matter of less weight?
Pat
idk but when ever i get a new bike first thing to come off is the heel gaurds.. idk how some feel but like riding alot better without them.
so can help but i always ride with boots and stuff so i dont like them not a weight thing its realy just rider prefrence..
i dont like em because it seems to make me stay off my toes, and i like to ride on the front of my foot heal gaurds give me somthing to lean on and its a habit and i dont like it.
That is a good question. I think it is a plus.
Riding Freestye I dont come down on the pegs perfect
every time I got to have them.It must be a rider thing.
I take them off because I think they are ugly.
i do because i have a big foot (size 14) and it restricts my foot movement with them on. and they are ugly
Well, YFZ450 guy... make sure you move up your shifter one notch. It will help your boot fit better since it is taller.
Also, the reason they do it is so that their heel can be adjusted without any restraint. I know on my Z before I take a jump, wether big or small, I try to adjust my heel on my right side just to feel comfertable. Sometimes I wish it wasnt there, But other times I am glad its there to save me from punchturing trees.
you guys should look into ac racing's pro-pegs with heel guards . if your heel still hits the back of these then your probably riding on your tippy toes ....lol
i took my stock heal guards off my z400 because they are junk plastic and they they could f your day up if and when they break off. as for competition riders not using them.....I dont think there really important to have and they would just add weight. thats just what i think though....
same reason as lmk. i am sz 13. my shifter is still in stock location w/nerf bars
I like heel gaurds.
well, i once had my foot fall through and skinned my calf, so i would recomend heel guards, but im just an accident waiting to happen. ;D
"Kids, when Uncle Rico was your age, we didn't have quads, we had to ride ATC's without heel guards. And of course no one bothered to tell Uncle Rico to NEVER PUT YOUR FOOT DOWN when riding a three wheeler"
I'm still missing skin, and that was like 20 years ago.
Quote from: UncleRico on October 05, 2005, 11:10:24 PM
"Kids, when Uncle Rico was your age, we didn't have quads, we had to ride ATC's without heel guards. And of course no one bothered to tell Uncle Rico to NEVER PUT YOUR FOOT DOWN when riding a three wheeler"
I'm still missing skin, and that was like 20 years ago.
hillarious
get albas nerf bars with them built in
plenty of room
Guys, I doubt that whole less than a pound will make a noticable difference in weight. I will agree on the looks, I think they look kinda silly.
But IMS makes a nice looking pair for the bigger quads.
On my Blaster, there was little metal heel guard things, like nerfs on the back side, but small, they come stock. So I took off the plastic guard, left the metal one, and it was perfect that way, protected, and looked decent enough.
i say don't do it because i saw someone take off their heel guards and the when they were racing their leg got sucked under the wheel and he broke his leg ( very painfull).