I just got this 400ex and took it out today. I triied this hill and just didn't make it so on the way back down I put my legs out like a dumb ass an tore all the skin off the inside of my legs from the rear tires. If I had some boots on my legs would not be killing me right now..... What do you guy (and girls) recommend for additional gear and what are some good brands?
tho,r fox, troy lee designs
boots, long pants, back brace, padded riding shorts, knee braces, t-shirt, nemisis body armor, long sleeve shirt over that, neck brace, helmet, goggles, gloves...........................oh yea, and a mouth piece ;) i have never had a scratch on me ;D
I recommend keeping your feet on the pegs whether you have boots or not. And don't forget a lifejacket if your followin me ;)
Quote from: dreth on September 11, 2005, 07:43:02 PM
boots, long pants, back brace, padded riding shorts, knee braces, t-shirt, nemisis body armor, long sleeve shirt over that, neck brace, helmet, goggles, gloves...........................oh yea, and a mouth piece ;) i have never had a scratch on me ;D
Thats a heck of a lot of gear!
Quote from: Numkut on September 11, 2005, 08:27:03 PM
Quote from: dreth on September 11, 2005, 07:43:02 PM
boots, long pants, back brace, padded riding shorts, knee braces, t-shirt, nemisis body armor, long sleeve shirt over that, neck brace, helmet, goggles, gloves...........................oh yea, and a mouth piece ;) i have never had a scratch on me ;D
Thats a heck of a lot of gear!
the more gear the better protection.
NERF BARS!!
ok not everyone at once. Nerf bars a must, and i like dreths idea.... i also think i will be adding a knights armor on top of that. My legs are on fire.
Quote from: jwscroll on September 11, 2005, 07:47:47 PM
I recommend keeping your feet on the pegs whether you have boots or not. And don't forget a lifejacket if your followin me ;)
yeah,,,,,that's the first thing I was told when I first got a quad back in '88.
Once I drop about 50 pounds, I'll be able to get all the gear I want, for now nothing much fits except for a helmet ;-)
Id@
Nerf bars with integrated heel plates are a must-wish I would've got them sooner! Also, I've been using www.ridegear.com -seem to have the best prices around that I've found. Even when I find something somewhere else cheaper-they will usually work with you do get your business. Aside from nerf bars, kidney belt, boots, gloves, helmet and good, comfortable riding pants.
Mark
I don't ride with all the "knights in shinning armor" setup up and I don't get any scratches. I just have some riding pants and a helmut. Never take your feet off you pegs when going downhill/uphill or whatever. Lean forward and use your front brake to back down. Or get a faster start when you hit the hill. ;) -Mark
nerf bars. not only look cool but keeps that form happening most of the time. i'm about to get a 400ex and that will be the first thing that i will put on it.