:banghead.gif
[attachment deleted by admin]
thats some funnystuff. too bad its true. :)
I didn't vote for him!
Quote from: trx#9 on September 09, 2005, 11:37:51 PM
I didn't vote for him!
Hmmm so the oil industry is 1 person... that's intelligent ::)
Quote from: trx#9 on September 09, 2005, 11:37:51 PM
I didn't vote for him!
I didn't know we voted for OPEC!
If the oil companies cared in the least about us they would take a slight hit on the 8 Billion dollar quarterly profit they are making and not jack us at the pump. Katrina was an excuse not a reason to raise prices.
I agree but 3 cheers for Bill O'Reilly, He called for the big oil compnay's to donate 20% of the CEO's annual income to hurricane relief. Well 3 days later we hear that Exxon donates 7 million. The CEO made 38mil last year so thats pretty close to 20%.
I heard that a few other oil companies are following suit. :Clap.gif
Quote from: Da_Mtg_Man on September 10, 2005, 07:13:28 AM
I agree but 3 cheers for Bill O'Reilly, He called for the big oil compnay's to donate 20% of the CEO's annual income to hurricane relief. Well 3 days later we hear that Exxon donates 7 million. The CEO made 38mil last year so thats pretty close to 20%.
I heard that a few other oil companies are following suit. :Clap.gif
Not saying that that was a bad thing to do but if they can give away money, why can't they use that money maybe next year to lower the prices? Since allready are making major profit.
i am in the flooring industry and if my competitors and I start charging more for our product it makes the whole industry standard pricing raise. if i raise it then I make more money, thats why I own my own business, to make more money. You cant really blame the ceo's for doing this, all you can blame is OUR need for the product, its called supply and demand, they have it to SUPPLY to us and they DEMAND that much money. If WE didnt need the fuel so much and rely on it so much like we have come to do in the past decades then the prices would be lower. Also take into account inflation. the national average gas price in 1980 was $1.25. With inflation, that is $3.17/gallon today. I also bet that the average income is higher than it was back then. I just wish people would stop complaining about gas prices.