I'm 6'3" and can't stand up straight on my bike which causes my center of gravity to be further back than I would like. Via another thread, I was told that there are two things I can do: Lowered pegs and a higher stem. I was provided with a suggestion with regards to the pegs and nerf bars...but as far as higher stems, are there different sizes and if so, what is the highest? Are they adjustable? What is a good one to get?
Thanks,
Pat
From my preliminary research it looks like I can get a +1, +2 or +3" stem. The price on one I saw was $385! Like I said, I'm 6'3" and don't want to order the wrong one. I'm assuming the 3" would be the way to go.
Pat
Here's a cheaper option:
http://www.omiproducts.com/Rox%20Risers.htm
Quote from: Pat on September 08, 2005, 07:06:56 PM
I'm 6'3" and can't stand up straight on my bike which causes my center of gravity to be further back than I would like. Via another thread, I was told that there are two things I can do: Lowered pegs and a higher stem. I was provided with a suggestion with regards to the pegs and nerf bars...but as far as higher stems, are there different sizes and if so, what is the highest? Are they adjustable? What is a good one to get?
Thanks,
Pat
Think 6'3" is bad i know a guy that is 7'8" and he still rides lol... its funny though
6'3" 260lbs. still tearin it up on the 01' Blaster...
IMPORTANT NOTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
what kind of quad?
IF YOU GO WITH A PLUS 3", which you should, you will need a new clutch cable and brake lines because the old ones wont reach! you can call motion pro (www.motionpro.com) for a new clutch cable for like $40 and the brake lines from just about anywhere for less that $100.