I happened to be watching a program this morning that featured a guy who makes what's called Biodiesel. So what I was joking about yesterday is actually possible. He used new or used vegetable oil to make a fuel that can be burned in a diesel engine! For less that a $1 per gallon.
I think I should go find a nice used diesel car or truck and start experimenting 8)
Do a google search on biodiesel
This is true..I posted about this last month in the fuel disscussions.
http://www.dancingrabbit.org/biodiesel/
There is a place close to our property in NC that makes it ;) As soon as I get a spare moment on one of our trips I want to check it out, they have it set up so you can watch the process.
cool, Kawgirl.
Here is a video on the subject copy and paste and wait mms://207.43.186.41/biodiesel/produced/biotrucker_5.wmv
"I might have to go down yonder and giddit"
Quote from: kawGIRL on September 02, 2005, 10:12:51 AM
This is true..I posted about this last month in the fuel disscussions.
http://www.dancingrabbit.org/biodiesel/
There is a place close to our property in NC that makes it ;) As soon as I get a spare moment on one of our trips I want to check it out, they have it set up so you can watch the process.
On that dancing rabbit webite it says a diesel can run on straight vegitable oil :o after it reaches a temperature of 160 degrees
:-\ link does not work for me :'(
When we go up tomorrow I will find the Ad of the company up there, I gave away all my newspapers with the company brochures in it.
Bio-Diesel is a hit in the north east, My brother car runs on diesel and when he was in Boston he got some. Smells like peanuts or popcorn. ;)
mmmmm popcorn yummy
check this out
http://journeytoforever.org/biodiesel_make.html
good reading Chuck ;D
the price of vegetable oil will go through the roof ;)
you get used veggie oil from restrants most will give it to you for free. and this was also on trucks he used a machine for www.freedomfuelamerica.com call the fuel mister.
and you gotta go to http://www.biodieselsolutions.com/home/home.asp to order the kit its like $3000
Here's a search on The Turbo Diesle register regarding the subject.
http://www.turbodieselregister.com/forums/search.php?searchid=736061