there is a new sand drag track being built at hard rock mx park this is a great opportunity for every one we are still working on some things it will start off with the same lights that we used a salts dale but will be going to a real profeffional lighting system once its up and runing rember this will be a lot different then what we are used too this will be run like a real track any suggestion will be greatly appreciated i have been working on this very hard and thanks to glen at hardrock we will have a supper nice place to sand drag and mx ride i wiil post updates on the progress so what do you all think 8) :)
Sounds great, Cut. Good job. I hope we will be allowed to ride the tracks after the drags. THAT would be a fun day.
TROY!!!!
you da man!!! hard rock is closer and they have RV hook ups!!!!!! good job!! you can count on me being there!!
If I know Gary , he will put up one of the nicest tracks around!!, He already has a great track set up now!!,
Let`s do it, ALL you sand draggers lets hear some support K?!? Good Job Troy!! ;D ;D
Count on me cut !! ;) Let me know any way I can help. ;D ;D
How far is this track from salts let us know some directions i would like to come down and try to win some money ;D. You build it they will come. :N
Quote from: Quad32x on August 24, 2005, 02:39:06 AM
Count on me cut !! ;) Let me know any way I can help. ;D ;D
I'm w/ monk on this one,I'm there and anyway i can help also let me know
I'll Bring the Cold Ones Monk
sounds awsome! can't wait! Tony it's about 2 seconds off I-75. Alot easier and closer to get too. It's on the north end of Ocala. It should take 21/2 - 3 hrs coming from valdosta area. Maybe less if Travis is driving! HEHE We tried to follow him back from Hazelhurst last month and man he was flying. I think he thought he was still at the races! ;D The Tribals will definately be there to support! ;)
clermont will be there, lets get it going soon
let us know some dates and some of the wayne co. boys will try to come. would like to know how the classes will be done :P me and cool kid will get with tony when he goes, just let us know tony. ;)
put me down w/ a bottle of crown.....this means i will be able to talk some mega $hit on this message board now....you guys get ready...
oh $hit, it is hunting season, i will see you guys around january....
Hey troy good job let me no when you are ready for little man to try that track out. 8) 8) GITTER DONE >:D >:D
we will be looking for a few people to test the track we want it to be right be for we race i will let you know 8)
let us know when we can test and I will come if possible I dont live far so lets us know. about how long before this deal is up and running.
is it farther away for us in naples
NO, In fact it will be closer and a heck of alot easier to get to. It`s only about 2miles off from I-75 in the northern part of ocala ;) ;D
535,
Its about 3hrs 45min from our place. I have been to the MX track and it a cool place.
Glad to see hardrock becomming more quad friendly 8)
there have been more quads out there then dirt bikes they really want the quads out there ;D
Hey Cut...You think they'll be OK with trikes there? Keep us posted on a race date and I'll bring my 500 down and try it out.
yes the the three wheelers will be aloud to race
Even Yamaha 3 wheelers? Git it Rag
Quote from: cutngrs on August 25, 2005, 08:07:24 PM
yes the the three wheelers will be aloud to race
Awesome...Lookin forward to it.
let me know on the dates and do you think it will be soon
it should be in a month 8)
Hey CHILLIN...My "ole" Slow a$$ , Dinasoar , GITZ IT NOW BRO !! Them Cheap a$$ ZIPPER'S MOVE OUT !!!!
Should of done that Many MOON'S AGO !!!!
But you know how it is for us Poor Folk's .. How Bout it 32X ?.............. GIT IT RAG !!!!
cut, send me the info on this place "hard as my rock".....or atleast put me in touch with the right people, lots of details need to be worked out....HOLLARRRR
Hey CUT ... also if the Track has ANY Clay in it ... you guy's might want to make a 4-stroke class ... cause them 2-strokies go in that Mess !!! How Bout it LILMAN ??
T W O Bikes ............. :N <<<<-------- look's like Me !!!
GIT EM GAGS.........
how far is sand mountain from bradenton/sarasota thanx.
I think you got the wrong thread there #74, but it is probably 40 min away. how about it chillin does that sound right?
Sand mountain is about 1hr. from I75 in Ellenton
Yo Ronnie that little rag corne can race for a little guy.But we will soon find out how well he can do at hardrock. we will see if he can beat you there or maybe not. :w :w :H :T :drink.gif GIT ER DONE :-*
I Heard That !! That LILMAN is a "chip" off the OLD Block i must say !! NO DOUBT about his Skill's showing up "US" old Folk's up !!!! GIT IT LIL RAG ;)
Quote from: YAMAHONDAMAN on August 26, 2005, 02:22:17 PM
Hey CHILLIN...My "ole" Slow a$$ , Dinasoar , GITZ IT NOW BRO !! Them Cheap a$$ ZIPPER'S MOVE OUT !!!!
Should of done that Many MOON'S AGO !!!!
But you know how it is for us Poor Folk's .. How Bout it 32X ?.............. GIT IT RAG !!!!
Im bringimg the cold ones !!! ;) ;D
Quote from: cutngrs on August 24, 2005, 09:32:14 PM
we will be looking for a few people to test the track we want it to be right be for we race i will let you know 8)
ooooh ooooh Mr Cater
me me me me me me me me me me me me
DOSE ANY ONE NO WHERE WE CAN GET SOME GARD RAIL ABOUT 600 FEET OF IT THANKS CUT
How bout I-75 ? ;) ;D ;D
Hey cut I have 600 feet but it is not cheap. Just price it! Tell me just how much it cost to set up A track?
Sooo. is it safe to assume saltsdale is a thing of the past??
Hey cut I have 600 feet but it is not cheap. Just price it! Tell me just how much it cost to set up A track? moneys no objeck 8) wanna sell yours
Well, lets not get carried away Cut!!!!, WE will take it down even if the price is right!!! ;)
good anwser cut :D It's a totally different ball game when your dealing with someone that does tracks for a living. They spend the money to make it happen. You build it right and the crowd will come and get bigger & bigger! 8)
Shhhhhhh don't go telling the CEO I was trying to sell the guard rail now..... I was just making a statement. I know it took us SEVERAL month's to get what we got, and we did price some and 3 or 4 different places was between 2-3 grand for the 600 ft or so. Heck I never even thought of hitting the interstate for some railing....LOL. Tribal_Shee you are so RIGHT on the doing a track for a living instead of doing it for a side bussiness or just to give other people a place to play because you have some extra property. If that is strickly your only income and bussiness then you do put out the money to BUILD IT and they will COME,,,, We BUILT OURS 3 1/2 Yrs AGO and they CAME and came we were the ONLY LEGAL place in the county to go play and get muddy on a Sunday. We have closed until Oct. because of the HOT weather and heck a few of them still show up every Sunday wanting in the gate.
Cut, like we talked last night, i would recommend the tire thing exactly like hazelhurst... tires are a whole lot forgiving than gaurd rail, and ALOT less cheaper... i think troy has proven that MONEY is no object with him...
Hey i'll check down here at the Const. Company's...normally they have LOT'S of old stuff they replaced with new in there bone yard (s)...Mainly the Bridge Company's like Cone Bros. and what not , But
TIRE'S are FREE and they work like SMOKEY said...
still watch and keep your guard up at all times tho !! we don't need another :8-Second's ;)
Troy and I are going to meet wednesday night, so we will have more details after that. Troy is the man with this though, he is the one that has been working soo hard to get this rolling, I am just getting invovled now. I can tell you this, I won't be racing during the day anymore and sweating.
SO DOES THAT MEAN WE WILL BE NIGHT RACING??
i ask again... is salts done or what?
Ware do you get off being such a pushey tool ? :M ;D ;D
Ahhh Cold ones at night like the good ol days i hear that,Hey quad you know how them dade city guys are T00l is the proper word ;D
Careful now LE quad has been racing out there too...
but all he does is :'( :'( :'( :'(
Yeah but quad is my :drink.gif buddy
HAHA every one is quads drinking buddy!! ;) ;D 8)
lets go racing guys. my bike is ready to go
Ware. To answer your question. If you guys are looking to night race, then YES Saltsdale will be a thing of the past. The county will not give us a permit to race at night :(
Quote from: WareRacing07 on August 30, 2005, 12:51:21 AM
HAHA every one is quads drinking buddy!! ;) ;D 8)
But Ware-poo your still my buddy arnt ya ? :Hug.gif ;)
Quote from: Saltsdale_CEO_Huny on August 30, 2005, 02:22:19 AM
Ware. To answer your question. If you guys are looking to night race, then YES Saltsdale will be a thing of the past. The county will not give us a permit to race at night :(
countys are a pain in the ass are they not?
night racing is great in the summer.. but in the winter..... shiver!
well...things have a way of working themselfs out , i guess we will hang tight and see what happens..
Quote from: Quad32x on August 30, 2005, 02:48:23 AM
Quote from: WareRacing07 on August 30, 2005, 12:51:21 AM
HAHA every one is quads drinking buddy!! ;) ;D 8)
But Ware-poo your still my buddy arnt ya ? :Hug.gif ;)
Ok Quad your doing that queer thing again .... its creeping me out...
Am i going to have to look over my shoulder now and make sure your not "sneaking" up on me? LORD!! ::) :P
"You know i love you man!"
without restrooms saltsdale is a thing of the past. I am not going to bust my a$$ on the track getting it right when no one is going to show up. To be honest, I am not wanting to be as invovled as I have been with racing, so I would say yes saltsdale is a thing of the past. I will bring the lights set them up run the brackets and get paid, but I won't be riding a tractor anymore sweating my a$$ off. Plus it is hunting season....
Pi$$ on Hunting ... Heck There's LOT'S of Meat at your Nearest SUPER WALMART right down next to the Beer Isle !!!!!!
Hey WARE .... Watch em and DON'T pick up the Soap !! :P
Oh man I cant believe Ronnie just went there ! :B Must be the heat. I guess I gotta get that man some cold ones !! :T Git it Rag !! 8)
now that i read that, i might be sending the wrong message. The CEO and his wife are great people, and I respect their effort with the sand drags, but Billy and I both know that there were some things that were affecting the turn out. 1) THE HEAT, heck I love racing, but it was hot. 2) The track was getting washed out every month and it took alot of work to get it right and I am not expert at doing that, but I put a good effort into it.
I don't want anyone to feel that Saltsdale and I are not on good terms, it just didn't pan out. The crowd died down over the summer and I feel that without some major renavations to the track that cost money if you don't have the equipment the crowd is going to stay low. Just to clear that up. Get me a beer.
Hey 32x ,,,, you going to CHILL'NS up there on Sat. ?
Hey Smoke .... TWO CASES every"WARE" i go !!! ;)
well ronnie what are you going to drink? you know quad is going to drink both of those cases.... :-\
Quote from: YAMAHONDAMAN on August 30, 2005, 07:17:12 PM
Hey 32x ,,,, you going to CHILL'NS up there on Sat. ?
Hey Smoke .... TWO CASES every"WARE" i go !!! ;)
Hey ronnie you going????
Quote from: YAMAHONDAMAN on August 30, 2005, 07:17:12 PM
Hey 32x ,,,, you going to CHILL'NS up there on Sat. ?
Hey Smoke .... TWO CASES every"WARE" i go !!! ;)
Gonna try like hell !! ;) Gots to slam some cold ones with my brohams !! ;D
TWO CASES on the Way HommieSlizem's !!!! and some Jerky and Boiled Egg's ............NASTY gas Problem's on Sat.
Thats exactly why I will be riding ahead of you Ronnie :nuke.gif :T
PHEWWWW!!!
You Better be in Front !!! eeewwwww !!! NASTY
I heard that Ronnie!!!!, Hope to see you all Sat 8)
so whats the latest news on this track coming together
we are working on getting gard rail right now
sweet, good job cut you are on the ball
anything new, Troy?
<~~~ Still has gaurd Rail. Willing to let it go at a fraction of cost
this must mean no more saltsdale for sure now
thats the rumor.......
I was up that way one day and I talked to the owner of Hard rock a few weeks ago and he made it VERY clear that it was only being "talked about" but it would be at least 6 months to a year... maybe this is why somke is selling the ol' banshee?
first off i am friends with owner and it may take two more months but rest a sherd we will be racing soon and let me handel this i dont need any body messing this up thanks and thats no rumo >:(r
I report to you daddy, you let me know when you need the lights daddy....can I ride your bike daddy? when are you going to have the triple done daddy? your selling your 4 mil cub motor daddy?
troy dont get pissed, i know you want to be the "man" and you dont want anyone stepping on your feet when it comes to this. im with 1 mile of hard rock every other weekend, i just poped im and asked how was it going? Regardless of what he has said to you.. i know what he said right to my face... he made it seem like he could take it or leave it. thats all im saying. thats not a "rumor" i was there i know what the man said...
any thing new
i will give you all new info real soon its coming together slowly but shurly 8)
how do you get to this track and what`s the cost.
Quote from: crash350r on October 18, 2005, 04:20:00 PM
how do you get to this track and what`s the cost.
Built by HR Racing ? Git it Rag !! :drink.gif ;)
Hey 32x ....... "old" school ....back in the day .....