I was going to get some mudding tires for my Rubicon for this weekend. The local shop has 3 types in stock.
1. 26" ITP 589's
2. 27" Mud Bug's
3. 27" Kenda Exacuinshoners (sp)?
I think I might get the Mud Bugs. Whats your thoughts?
I would go with the mudbugs, that is if you can't find Outlaws.
www.nebraskatire.com has 26 and larger mudlites for sale cheap. and free shipping. check it out. Check out the on-line prices. you might save a few bucks.
Go with the Mud Bugs. I have 26" on my polaris 325 and they pull great.
The local dealer wants $349 for the 27" Mud Bugs. I dont think thats a bad price. Plus they have the things in stock.
The shop is a local owned husband and wife opperation.
I think I might go with the Mud Bugs but I want to look at them both. ;D Thanks, Matt
Go with the bugs Matt, the Mudlites are good but they are a soft tire, may wear easily.
Thanks Guys.
I think I will go with the Bugs also. Look for me at L-Cross with the new sneakers on the 04 Green rubi. ;D. ;D ;D
You may need spacers for the front so check that also. I put 1" spacers on the front of my polaris. Do not go to tall on the tires either. It will reduce your power. My polaris 325 came stock with 24" and I put 26" on it, now I have no choice but low range when I'm playing. Glad I chose 26" though. everyone says its the perfect atv for mudding because its not got enough power that it breaks stuff every time I go out but it has enough to turn the tires and keep it going. I will be getting a larger quad next year only because I would like to have the power to water wheely when I get in deep water. Right now I can but I have to let the front float then lift it up.
10-4 yant,
I went with the 26" dirt devils on it when I first got the quad and they cleared with no problem. I decided to put them on the rancher for the weekend and the rancher is a pulling machine in the mud with the 26's. The rubi just needs a little more tire for the weight of the quad. So thats why I decided to get 27's I dont think the 500 rubi will have a problem with power.. ;) Its a bad machine ;D
[attachment deleted by admin]
Quote from: 1fast250r on August 17, 2005, 04:11:04 PM
10-4 yant,
I went with the 26" dirt devils on it when I first got the quad and they cleared with no problem. I decided to put them on the rancher for the weekend and the rancher is a pulling machine in the mud with the 26's. The rubi just needs a little more tire for the weight of the quad. So thats why I decided to get 27's I dont think the 500 rubi will have a problem with power.. ;) Its a bad machine ;D
No problem with a 500. I just wasn't for sure what CC the Rubi was. You will be impressed.
Looks good!!!
27" Mud Bugs installed tonight.. :o No lift or fender kit ;D I feal a water wheelie commin on. :D
Quote from: 1fast250r on August 17, 2005, 11:12:14 PM
27" Mud Bugs installed tonight.. :o No lift or fender kit ;D I feal a water wheelie commin on. :D
You might get too much mud on the grips and fall off. ;D
Yep only holdin on with one hand and tipin the Rum and Coke in the other. I might fall of sitin still. lol ;D
I love my Mudlite's!!! ;D
i just put my mudlight's to the test and i love them
i have a set 26'' gbc gators on a rancher and they make it look good and they pull real good in the mud they did slow it down a lil bet but not munch
im geting 27inch vamps for my rancher
Quote from: MonroeBoy on August 20, 2005, 09:46:46 AM
i have a set 26'' gbc gators on a rancher and they make it look good and they pull real good in the mud they did slow it down a lil bet but not munch
If you look at a set of Gators and a set of Mud Bugs you will see that they are the same tire.