I just read an article that said "Tates Hell" State Forest has opened up 150 miles of trails. Has anyone been there yet?
Not yet, soon...
wheres it located? How far from tampa.
where is it located? how much does it cost? is there a link?
Around Gainsville however that's spelled.
its near talahassee, and it uses the same sticker as croom, so its 50$ a year
we are there................ :ThumbsUp.gif
website @ http://www.fl-dof.com/state_forests/tates_hell.html
I just call and talked to the Division of Forestry @ Tate's Hell and the ranger that I talked to said she would not waste her time riding there. You can only ride on marked roads no trails to ride and no off road riding. Speed limit is 30 MPH on all roads. If you do not have a permit from Croom you will have to go to the Ranger Station to get one, while @ the ranger station they will do a sound test your ATV must be below 96db or they will not give you a permit. After you get the permit and sound test you will then go to a parking aera to unload and ride.
From talking with the ranger it does not sound as the state did us a favor by opening this aera to ride. The ranger said there are very few turns mostly stright roads to ride.
The forest is located south/east of Tallahassee (sp) you go south on Hwy319 to Hwy 98.
From the sound of the ranger I would not waste my time.
Just some info for you.
Jim,