I know this is a stupid question but what makes this negitive or postive? I know the answer is 10 over 3.
3(-2) -4
-------------
(-2 -1)(-1)
oh man, it's been a while.
is it something like a negative multiplied by a negative makes a positive?
I don't know if I remember that right, but if I do that would make the answer
-10
-------
3
which doesn't make sense to me,,,,it's been a long time since high school.
Id@
ida i've got the same answer as you do. and you have the right rational.
3*(-2)= -6; -6-4= -10
-2-1= -3; -3*-1= 3
answer -10/3
had the three been negative it would have had a positive answer for the reason ida stated above. hope this helps.
Quote from: Njoutlaw88 on August 15, 2005, 04:45:26 PM
I know this is a stupid question but what makes this negitive or postive? I know the answer is 10 over 3.
3(-2) -4
-------------
(-2 -1)(-1)
Ok it's been awhile but if I remember correcty, you first start with the actions in parenthasis(sp?). So 3 x -2 = -6. -6-4 = -10. You sure it should be a positive 10? The bottom is right [-2 - 1= -3. -3 x -1 = 3. I come up with -10/3. -Mark
Thats an easy one.
Just go to the back of the book and the answer will be there. ;D
Quote from: Njoutlaw88 on August 15, 2005, 04:45:26 PM
I know this is a stupid question but what makes this negitive or postive?
If top and bottom are the same it is positive. If one is positive and one is negative it is negative.
Target has a really nice scientific calculator for under 30 dollars!
i got one
16/3 by the 5th power to the 4th dimension + -8=_______
solve this one. ???
the answer is simple. -10
_____
3
i know this because i have algebra 1 in the eighth grade ::) . it is just like my old homework in the seventh grade(pre algebra*for those who arent good with math*)
heres my work:::
3(-2)-4
______
(-2-1)(-1)
3 times -2 is -6 minus four is negative 10
negative 2 minus 1 is negative 3 times negative 1 is positive 3
so the answer is -10
--------
3
~courtney~
call the math helpline or find it online. i'm done w/ math for today.
Quote from: Njoutlaw88 on August 15, 2005, 04:45:26 PM
I know this is a stupid question but what makes this negitive or postive? I know the answer is 10 over 3.
3(-2) -4
-------------
(-2 -1)(-1)
Uhhhh..... c?
the answer is.........42.
Quote from: mudmonkey on August 16, 2005, 12:56:09 AM
the answer is simple. -10
_____
3
i know this because i have algebra 1 in the eighth grade ::) . it is just like my old homework in the seventh grade(pre algebra*for those who arent good with math*)
heres my work:::
3(-2)-4
______
(-2-1)(-1)
3 times -2 is -6 minus four is negative 10
negative 2 minus 1 is negative 3 times negative 1 is positive 3
so the answer is -10
--------
3
~courtney~
you go girl!! I would take this girl seriously in her answers consisdering she is still in school and does a great job at it.
Quote from: gery350 on August 16, 2005, 01:15:48 AM
the answer is.........42.
LMAO!!!!
The answer to life, the universe and everything.... :D
Quote from: mudmonkey on August 16, 2005, 12:56:09 AM
the answer is simple. -10
_____
3
i know this because i have algebra 1 in the eighth grade ::) . it is just like my old homework in the seventh grade(pre algebra*for those who arent good with math*)
heres my work:::
3(-2)-4
______
(-2-1)(-1)
3 times -2 is -6 minus four is negative 10
negative 2 minus 1 is negative 3 times negative 1 is positive 3
so the answer is -10
--------
3
~courtney~
i have geometry and i still dont know what the - sign means :P
Quote from: mudmonkey on August 16, 2005, 12:56:09 AM
the answer is simple. -10
_____
3
i know this because i have algebra 1 in the eighth grade ::) . it is just like my old homework in the seventh grade(pre algebra*for those who arent good with math*)
heres my work:::
3(-2)-4
______
(-2-1)(-1)
3 times -2 is -6 minus four is negative 10
negative 2 minus 1 is negative 3 times negative 1 is positive 3
so the answer is -10
--------
3
~courtney~
Looks good to me, I is an enjineer, jest can't spel ;D
Quote from: Chuck_Norris on August 16, 2005, 01:58:00 AM
Quote from: mudmonkey on August 16, 2005, 12:56:09 AM
the answer is simple. -10
_____
3
i know this because i have algebra 1 in the eighth grade ::) . it is just like my old homework in the seventh grade(pre algebra*for those who arent good with math*)
heres my work:::
3(-2)-4
______
(-2-1)(-1)
3 times -2 is -6 minus four is negative 10
negative 2 minus 1 is negative 3 times negative 1 is positive 3
so the answer is -10
--------
3
~courtney~
you go girl!! I would take this girl seriously in her answers consisdering she is still in school and does a great job at it.
awww thanks!!
ahhh its negative because the numerator is negative, therefore the whole answer becomes negative.
Quote from: Ida_Mann on August 15, 2005, 05:51:14 PM
oh man, it's been a while.
is it something like a negative multiplied by a negative makes a positive?
I don't know if I remember that right, but if I do that would make the answer
-10
-------
3
which doesn't make sense to me,,,,it's been a long time since high school.
Id@
CORRECT!!! ;D