I haven't checked the news stands lately, are there any mags with reviews on the new Raptor? I have seen the specs, but they don't give HP or comment on how it handles.
Check the cover of last months Dirtwheels. Full spread on the Raptor & the new improved YFZ450.
Thinking of replaceing that over sized turd DS are we ? ;D ;D
I have the copy of Dirt Wheels and they don't really comment on how it handles nor give any hp output. But the article just states that there is redesigned reverse, exhaust, now EFI, and braking system. But like all mags every bike they write about they just give the features about it and not any real world features. But on a good note it is lighter than the old Craptor with more cc's. Kinda cool. But lame to call it a 700 when it's only 686. I'd call it a 700 if it was no lower than 695. Should of called it 690R. -Mark
Its only 3 pounds lighter. the only good thing about it is the the width and ride height.
Quote from: Quad32x on August 11, 2005, 11:16:24 AM
Thinking of replaceing that over sized turd DS are we ? ;D ;D
Not a chance sissy boy ;) I need something for the wife ;D
I heard a rumor that it was going to be a twin, but specs say single. I like the lower stance and all, but want to know what kind of HP it's making.
Quote from: Old_School on August 11, 2005, 11:26:35 AM
I have the copy of Dirt Wheels and they don't really comment on how it handles nor give any hp output. But the article just states that there is redesigned reverse, exhaust, now EFI, and braking system. But like all mags every bike they write about they just give the features about it and not any real world features. But on a good note it is lighter than the old Craptor with more cc's. Kinda cool. But lame to call it a 700 when it's only 686. I'd call it a 700 if it was no lower than 695. Should of called it 690R. -Mark
I agree. They are misleading people that don't know better. Take the DS for example, the call it a 650 while it's a 653. I guess Yamaha would have called it a 675 or something :D
Quote from: cain73 on August 11, 2005, 02:01:08 PM
Quote from: Quad32x on August 11, 2005, 11:16:24 AM
Thinking of replaceing that over sized turd DS are we ? ;D ;D
Not a chance sissy boy ;) I need something for the wife ;D
I heard a rumor that it was going to be a twin, but specs say single. I like the lower stance and all, but want to know what kind of HP it's making.
Quote from: Old_School on August 11, 2005, 11:26:35 AM
I have the copy of Dirt Wheels and they don't really comment on how it handles nor give any hp output. But the article just states that there is redesigned reverse, exhaust, now EFI, and braking system. But like all mags every bike they write about they just give the features about it and not any real world features. But on a good note it is lighter than the old Craptor with more cc's. Kinda cool. But lame to call it a 700 when it's only 686. I'd call it a 700 if it was no lower than 695. Should of called it 690R. -Mark
I agree. They are misleading people that don't know better. Take the DS for example, the call it a 650 while it's a 653. I guess Yamaha would have called it a 675 or something :D
I hate magazines. Whether it's 2 or 4 stroke, they try to sell the quad like a used car salesman. I don't make judgement till I see in person and ride it. The 660 had great torque but it's high center of gravity is what I dislike the most. Every burm I went to hit the front would come up and I had to let up to get the quad to turn.
If it's for your wife I would get a small quad that's lower to the ground(better for cornering), around 400cc's, with reverse. That way she'll still be able to stay in distance from you and others. An LTZ400 or 400ex is probably the best bet. I'm a suzuki man so go with the LTZ but I've seen 1 or 2 yr old EX's go for dirt cheap.
-Mark
well it still will not keep up with us r's :D
A first ride review of the "700" Raptor
http://www.off-road.com/atv/reviews/quads/2006raptor700R/firstride.html
You spelled it wrong. It starts with a Cr. ;D ;D
They definitely made some improvements, but the suspension still leaves much to be desired.
I saw one, Looks pretty nice. And yes, I saw it face to face.. It was pretty nice.
700R raptor & YFZ 450 are the best quads out there.