How many of you folks have been to Rainbow River?
I took the family and some friends yesterday and had a blast. It's been about 4 yrs since I've floated down the river and forgot how enjoyable it was.
There is a state campground that we could camp and my wife can get a trailer full (6) canoes from Girl Scout Council if anyone is interested in a weekend of camping
Been there on my boat and you better not have anything resembling trash in it. Any can, sandwich rapper, chip bag, etc. or you get a nice ticket. I guess now a days that's the only way to keep the river clean.
That is true. You can NOT have anything disposable on that river. That is the reason that I only saw 1 Dr Pepper can on the bottom and I snorkled all the way from the K.P. Hole to the bridge. It is the cleanest river I've ever seen.
i went down the river in one of the iner tubes and it was fun the water was so cool its realt clear i was scared cuz they told me there was gators so i was friking out i herd if you misssed that lil turn when you get out that you would go down the river to far or sum thing like that
Hey mike I would be interested in camping out down there with yall. I think My waife and daughter would love it, Just let us know when you might be heading down there to camp
hey Mike why do they call it rainbow river? do the rainbow people go there or something else.
Mike you know what they say about those colors. Is there anything you want to tell us?
I think I found some pictures from my last trip their :D
Heres one
(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v648/o4250/FR_group-pride.jpg)
Not that rainbow the other guys at ONF smokin pot.
thtop it you thilly thailors. :D
ive been there probly 20-30 times in the past year or 2, good fishing up there, good swimming too, but those cops definly will give u tickets if u got anything that is disposable :-/
Dude your bad
well now I was their when I was in 3rd grade appx 1968 or 69 It was call Rainbow Springs if this is the same place. It had a river boat and a few other rides. I understand it closed down and a few years later it opened up as rainbow river. Very nice place so I hear. The river boat was sold and is now somewhere else and you can still see parts of one of the rides the went through the woods.
man i went there a few years back and spent 6 freakin hours on a dang tube. but you know what they say theres nothin better then floatin down the river drinkin beer peeing on yourself.
I have never been there, It looks like a nice place. I would love to take my troop if I can get info it would be appreciated . Also on the local GS council.
Mama Grizz
I've been and thats a great time. They allowed us to have a cooler on the river as long as it had it's own tube!!
cant wait to go again......I think we stayed at the KOA which wasnt far
How about an ATV Florida group fltilla !!!! [smiley=ThumbsUp.gif]
Mama Grizz there is a state park campground right on the river will try to find info for you
Da_mtg's_boss (Jen) is very familiar with the campground and the G.S council. I'll have her get with you on this when she gets a free moment today.
It is a very nice place. :) The state bought some land on the river to built a new landing area so its not such a long trip. As far as I know the new landing will be on the right side of the river. It was a long way from the KP Hole to the bridge !!! ;D ;D
Hey, that sounds like a cool place. Where is rainbow river if I may ask. thanx [smiley=pirate.gif]
North central Fl. about 25 miles SW of Ocala. The closest town is Dunellon , Fl. on SR 41. ;D
ATV FLORIDA FLOTILLA. They Cubans from dade county will show you how to float on a raft for hours. come onnn guys lets do this i sounds like its gonna be a hot summer anyway. [smiley=laugh.gif] [smiley=laugh.gif] [smiley=ThumbsUp.gif]
Thanx QUAD32X.