If you want to know a good reason to post your phone number see the pics from the Eureka ride. I had a difficult time reaching GSPKurt to let him know what happened to Donna's quad.
Out of safety please post some contact info. Even if we are out of range we can always drive somewhere to get service.
Lauren ,
Are we going to post them on a thread that is just for our #'s or put them on our profiles???
would probably be better to post them in a thread. there's already one started called nextel radio rescue numbers. even if you're not on nextel posting a phone number would be good. then all contact info can be found in one place.
QT, I was going to update the list. I wait a week before I do. ;)
How about a place in the profile to put contact info. A place for phone number chell or home or both. That way if you know the persons screenname it would be easy to find their contact info. If in a thread then there is no rime or reason to the posting. But then this is something that the mids would have to set up. Just my 2 cents.
Jim,
might be good to do both. i have a list that i printed that i carry w/ me on all rides in case something happens. i got the list from the nextel numbers thread.
Quote from: QT314Nfla on August 07, 2005, 08:31:19 PM
might be good to do both. i have a list that i printed that i carry w/ me on all rides in case something happens. i got the list from the nextel numbers thread.
For the hurricanes last year I printed that whole Nextel thread out incase we lost power and needed it. You can't ever be too safe.
I would just worry about people using the numbers for the wrong things...Like theives or cons or something crazy in this world
Maybe a good Idea would be the person compiling the list for a big ride could be pm 'ed with peoples contact phone # and a photo copy for each group on the ride
Mama Grizz
I hadn't even thought about the possibility of someone abusing the list. Good thoughts from all of you. All I know is we need to do something.
Can just anyone get to the profile or only members? If only members can get to profile then that might be the way to go.
Jim,
I just posted my numbers, hopefully they may be able to help one day :)