I am trying to snorkle my Arctic Cat 2005 400 4x4 Auto. Can someone point me in the right direction. I have never donw it before and don't even know where to start. My ex was supposed to do it, so I have all the parts but don't know what to do with them.
hey gurl..how are you? my buddy just got an 05 400cat. i'll look at it and see. it's not as easy as the 500, i know that already. i just did mine and know his breathes differently. i'll keep you posted unless someone gives you the real answer.
I am hoping J.D. will reply!
I NEED your help J.D.! :'(
You have to seal up the air intake that comes off the lid...Get some pool hose.....Drill a hole in the side of the box with a hole saw...insert pool hose ...seal it up with marine adhesive....route hose to the front of the quad ...attach a piece of support rod to the front rack ..tie hose to support and you have a snoorky . ;)
Ok so that one and the two others for the belt snorkled will be fine?
Quote from: johnnygun on August 04, 2005, 12:30:42 AM
hey gurl..how are you? my buddy just got an 05 400cat. i'll look at it and see. it's not as easy as the 500, i know that already. i just did mine and know his breathes differently. i'll keep you posted unless someone gives you the real answer.
Look I am going to hijack my own thread... Lol! Do you know if you are still coming down in Sept?
Start with that one ...once you do it you will have a perty good idea of how to finish the belt "same principal " It is easier to drain the belthousing than the motor . For the belt you just need to extend the vents that are already there ...it is easier with flexable hose .
Go to www.arcticchat.com for some ideas ...alot of kitty pics .
Quote from: J.D. on August 04, 2005, 12:54:35 PM
Go to www.arcticchat.com for some ideas ...alot of kitty pics .
Yeah. Good site for mods. I have been on for the last couple of days talking to some people.
still plannin' on end sept./begin oct. two of my full-timers just took managers jobs w/ competing companies and have left me real short all of a sudden. hopefully by then i'll be staffed up again and afford myself the opportunity. i am in need!!!!sounds like the snorkel mission is going to be a success, good luck ;)
J.D. For the love of God Just snork the bike for her please!!!!
Quote from: PureLogic on August 04, 2005, 11:59:37 PM
J.D. For the love of God Just snork the bike for her please!!!!
Why, I don't need him...... I thought you were going to do it? Lol JUST KIDDING! I will screw this up by myself thank you!
Hey MuddyGirl, make sure to do some spark plug reading's after you install the snorkle.You don't want to run lean and melt a piston. Just something to keep in mind. Jason :)
Quote from: kodiak-jason on August 05, 2005, 01:24:54 PM
Hey MuddyGirl, make sure to do some spark plug reading's after you install the snorkle.You don't want to run lean and melt a piston. Just something to keep in mind. Jason :)
Thanks I am planning on re-jetting it afterwards and than taking any other suggestion from JD on what needs to be changed. I will look into the spark plugs!