Well it's official, I'm now home from work and am now retired after 32 years on the job. I'm on cloud nine. Now for a little break, then find something to do part time, when I want.
Congrats ;D
Congrats, i am counting down the days for my retirement.
ONLY 8799 days left. I cant wait im getting excited. j/k
but seriously COngratulations it must be great.
Congrats Bruce. I know you've been waiting for this for a while now.
Now get that camper cleaned up so we have somewhere to sleep next weekend. ;)
I'll call you tomorrow, I'm having problems getting my hydraulics to work on mine.
Wow what is the secret to retirement at 50 when SS says I gotta be 62 or 72???????????????????? I want some of that deal LOL Anyways congratulations!!!
Bruce congrats I cant wait for my turn !!!!!
bruce,congratulations!!! See ya next week
CONGRATS, and I am soooooo jelous. What is your secret, I just turned 62 and figure the best that I can do is between 68 and 70 before I can retire.
Jim,
congrats muchos sir, now you have no excuses not to go riding anymore ;-)
Id@
Wow congratulations!! Enjoy! ;)
ARG, is it time to get up already? ;D
I love the feeling right now sitting here with my first cup of coffee, retired.
Thanks everyone. No secret, the company I worked for is downsizing, and they made an offer to people 50 and older. They gave us 5 years added to our age and years of service, that gave me an age of 55 and 37 years service, only need 35 years service to get full retirement. SO I TOOK IT.
I'll be doing something shortly, can't stop at my age.
Oh, don't call me sir, that makes me feel old. ;D j/k
Quote from: Moose on August 01, 2005, 09:26:04 AM
Oh, don't call me sir, that makes me feel old. ;D j/k
OK, retiree, seasoned citizen?
Id@
;D
moose that is awesome. thats right take it. its a whole lot better than getting dumped on the curve like we see alot of companies do. congrats and now its your time to do what you want. you prob. got another 50 so live life and enjoy. ;) ;)
Quote from: gery350 on August 01, 2005, 11:27:11 AM
moose that is awesome. thats right take it. its a whole lot better than getting dumped on the curve like we see alot of companies do. congrats and now its your time to do what you want. you prob. got another 50 so live life and enjoy. ;) ;)
Thanks, that's right about getting dumped, it had a lot to do with making my decision. I have family and some good friends, some right here on this site, that had just that happen. I smelled a rat, so I got while the going was good.
;D ;D CONGRATULATIONS I know that you are enjoying it especially the first few days sitting with the coffee. Just remember this isn't a vacation you don't have to go back next week SOOOOO soak it up and enjoy
CONGRATS BRUCE!!! THAT JUST LEAVES MORE TIME FOR RIDING
Congrats Bruce, Good to see that some people get to retire now a days.
Congrats Bruce! Now you have no excuses so when we riding? lol
Quote from: susieblazer on July 31, 2005, 10:19:15 PM
Wow what is the secret to retirement at 50 when SS says I gotta be 62 or 72???????????????????? I want some of that deal LOL Anyways congratulations!!!
if i stick withit a can retire at 41, now that would be great
Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o
if the cost of everything keeps going up there won't be retirement for some of us. i still have about 20 more years to go.but i work for myself so all i need is to find a few good workers and then i can think about retirement.