Hey,
I work at publix and its alright but Its really boring. I like the people and the bosses are allright but It just seems like time takes for ever. Plus I get paid minium wage which isnt any fun. I have to go to work today and I am really not looking foward to it. (I just thought I would write it down)
i know how you feel. on a slow day (like today) all i do is anxiously wait for someone to post something to have something to do. i think publix is a good company and ya it sux making minimum but ya gotta start somewhere.
I worked at Publix for 3 days and couldn't take standing for 10 hours a day as a cashier with all the rude customers and the ones that were in such a rush. Publix is a good company because you get good benefits after a while and you can move up. The store and general managers make alot of money, that's if you can make it working there for that long!
What do you do there?
QuoteI worked at Publix for 3 days and couldn't take standing for 10 hours a day as a cashier with all the rude customers and the ones that were in such a rush. Publix is a good company because you get good benefits after a while and you can move up. The store and general managers make alot of money, that's if you can make it working there for that long!
What do you do there?
Bagger and cart pusher.
I think you have to be 18 to do it, but try to get into stocking. They make alot more money and have more freedom!
Believe me. I have tried.
ahhh QYB! In other words "QUIT YOUR B!TCHIN!" be lucky you can get a job. Better money than im making right now! Do not know why your complaining. Suck it up and Toughin up as my sis's bf says
Yeh I agree its suxs to work, but guess what It doesn't get any better.I'm guessing that you still live home.Wait till you have to pay for your own way,You'll find out that you'll will HAVE to work.I went on your web site, It looks like you like alot of toys, [smiley=drive.gif] like alot of us do. [smiley=Smile.gif]So you want to PLAY you have to PAY so you have to WORK for it.Hard pill to swollow is'nt!! [smiley=baby.gif]
I used to work for Publix way back in the day. My pop worked there too for 24yrs before they gave him the shaft. Not a bad place for young people but don't plan on putting any time in with them or they will push you out the door. Cheaper to hire 2 rookies than to keep a veteran is the way they think. >:( There are much better co. to work for out there.
QuoteI used to work for Publix way back in the day. My pop worked there too for 24yrs before they gave him the shaft. Not a bad place for young people but don't plan on putting any time in with them or they will push you out the door. Cheaper to hire 2 rookies than to keep a veteran is the way they think. >:( There are much better co. to work for out there.
I dont plan on staying with publix for more then a year.
I am going to start working there next week.
my cuzin works at publix, bought a atv by workin there. but now hes gettin in the police departments for davie florida.
Quotemy cuzin works at publix, bought a atv by workin there. but now hes gettin in the police departments for davie florida.
I feel for your cousin speedman, I cant stand any of the davie pigs. They are all horrible. They dont know how to do their jobs at all and they are all really stuck up. Not that I have anything against cops in general, but its the ones from Davie that I cant stand, being that Im from Davie.
QuoteI am going to start working there next week.
Your working ther next week? You wont last at the job more then a month. You will even hate it on the first day
I,too,worked at Publix back in the day for minimum wage [smiley=Angry.gif] I think I lasted six months before moving on to better things. I worked in the deli and I hated it.
I worked there until they started giving me 4 hours a week, 1-3 on saturday and 12-2 on sunday, ruining my whole possibilities of riding over the weekend, I think they did it purposly. It sucks working there.
QuoteI worked there until they started giving me 4 hours a week, 1-3 on saturday and 12-2 on sunday, ruining my whole possibilities of riding over the weekend, I think they did it purposly. It sucks working there.
hell yea