I awoke yesterday morning for the trip to Eurika. Got everything packed and ready to go ;D. Must've been anxious, or still asleep b/c when I went to hook up my trailor... ::)
Once I corrected that small problem I got on the road alil after 7am. Got to Altoona a bit earlier than the rest of the guys so I sat back and relaxed a bit. Got a couple of pics of this nice boat :o.
Took alil bit to get to the camp but it was a nice lil spot...
This thing had alil room to it. Had a front porch, outhouse,
2 bedrooms, Tv, and even a small bar ;D.
;)
;D
We unloaded the bikes and were ready to hit some trails...
Taking a break... Myself, Nelson, and Xavier
2nd pic... myself and Felix
Went over by Eurika Damm and played in the dirt for a bit ;D
1st pic me roosting
2nd pic Nelson trying to roost :D
Nelson and Felix's brother Xavier ;)
Okay that dirt was hot as all you know what. We had to take a break. And on top of that... I'm starting to run out of gas and camp is about 7 miles away :o.
We headed back to camp and I barely made it. Bike started sputtering and shut off about 1 mile away from camp. I clicked it on reserve and that got me in...
Look at Felix w/ his clown makeup on :D
Felix and Nelson
Felix lit up the grill and we ate like champs...
THANKS FELIX!
Time for gas refill for the 2nd round...
Uhh oh! Here comes thundering, lightning, and rain. Didn't matter. We fired the bikes up and went out in it.
;)
Nelson said, "Ain't no stoppin' us".
I on the other hand I was beat and had dirt and water in places not imaginable. From the looks of it Felix's brother was the same. Felix and Nelson are beasts. They were upset b/c the sun was going down and it was time to head back :D.
We got back to camp and loaded the bikes. Washed up and headed out. Definitely was a good ride and one that we'll be doing again. ;)
last ones ;D... Til next time ;)
Rob,Felix,
Whose camp is that?
I just got the Rappy back and need to ride it soon, When you going again?
Quote from: Da_Mtg_Man on July 31, 2005, 03:17:35 PM
Rob,Felix,
Whose camp is that?
I just got the Rappy back and need to ride it soon, When you going again?
Mike I tought you crossed over to the other side and ride utilitiy bikes now.
Rob great pics Bro, it does look a little hot out there, but that doesn't matter for you hardcore riders you can handle it. I am glad to see you guys had a good time, cait wait for the next group ride.
lol......There's nothing wrong with having both. ;)
thanks for the narration of pics Rob! i felt like i was there ;)
Quote from: Da_Mtg_Man on July 31, 2005, 03:17:35 PM
Rob,Felix,
Whose camp is that?
I just got the Rappy back and need to ride it soon, When you going again?
Actually, it's a guys that works w/ Felix. Basically, it Felix's. The guy never goes up there and Felix has done some re-arranging and made it better. Bettered the outhouse, cleaned up the campsite, etc... He's up there just about every weekend.
looks like a nice riding spot and also looks like you all had some fun
Quote from: Da_Mtg_Man on July 31, 2005, 04:47:04 PM
lol......There's nothing wrong with having both. ;)
I 2nd that ;D
Hey Rob, that look's nice, nice pics, you sure had a nice ride, good for you guys, let see if I can joing you guys next time.
Luis C.
Quote from: Da_Mtg_Man on July 31, 2005, 03:17:35 PM
Rob,Felix,
Whose camp is that?
I just got the Rappy back and need to ride it soon, When you going again?
You let me know when you're ready,we'll make it happen. WE usually start riding about 10am break for lunch and ride till we run out of gas.Ask Ride1rob about that..
Hey Felix !!! how far is this from Tampa ?
Quote from: YFZ450-Tampa on August 01, 2005, 01:43:00 AM
Hey Felix !!! how far is this from Tampa ?
It's about 25 miles north of Big Scrub.Near Eureka Dam.
Not that far !!! seems to be close to Hug Valley !!! but any way, just let me know when are you guys going up there.
Quote from: YFZ450-Tampa on August 01, 2005, 02:26:24 AM
Not that far !!! seems to be close to Hug Valley !!! but any way, just let me know when are you guys going up there.
No problem,I usually go up there once or twice a month.I'll keep in touch w/ ya.
Quote from: YFZ450-Tampa on August 01, 2005, 12:58:53 AM
Hey Rob, that look's nice, nice pics, you sure had a nice ride, good for you guys, let see if I can joing you guys next time.
Luis C.
From what I was told... you were supposed to go this time :-\. You weren't the only one that was a "No show though".
Sooooooooorrryyyyyyyyyyyy !!! Rob, I now, you call me and then we didn't talk after that, I gues I should call you back and the something came up. Keep me updated
Good pics
Hey guys well its good to see we might have more for the next run. Let me know! You know I'm in. Later. Hey Rob, canister on its way?
Quote from: 1STOCKEX on August 02, 2005, 04:50:41 AM
Hey guys well its good to see we might have more for the next run. Let me know! You know I'm in. Later. Hey Rob, canister on its way?
No, just spent 3+ on wheels and tires. Will have to patch this d**n GYTR up once again. They suck arse >:(. It holds together while riding MX. But an all day trail ride... No chance.
Hey Rob I'm thinkin if you leave the current set up on the bracket and rivet the holes around it, it should hold up now. If not I was thinking you should get a piece of hose, slice it in half and redo the patch job we did then go and rivet the rest. It should hold. Anyway just thinkin out loud. Lookin forward to the next run. Asta.
Quote from: 1STOCKEX on August 04, 2005, 02:25:05 AM
Hey Rob I'm thinkin if you leave the current set up on the bracket and rivet the holes around it, it should hold up now. If not I was thinking you should get a piece of hose, slice it in half and redo the patch job we did then go and rivet the rest. It should hold. Anyway just thinkin out loud. Lookin forward to the next run. Asta.
I've done all of the above. The pipe performs well, just a peice of snit as far as durability. AND GET THIS... Called one of my local dealers to order 2 more brackets and the rubber peices b/w them and the canister. ($34... FOR ONE :o) I need 2 of em >:(. That's $70 for the brackets.
So I patched it up (AGAIN) yesterday. Used a heat treated lock tite this time as well as locknuts on the inside instead of the regular nuts. Went to AutoZone and bought rubber holders for a Car exhaust and cut 2 peices from it. Placed it b/w the canister and the brackets. It's definitely secure. Hopefully it holds for a bit til I order my Sparks, NMotion, or Trinity. Dreth talked to my yesterday about Thunder Alley so they're in the mix as well ;). One thing for sure though...
I'LL NEVER BUY ANYTHING FROM GYTR AGAIN!!!
There you go nuthin wrong with that. McGyver anyone? ;D Anyway I need to get that airbox fixed and ready for the next ride. Hopefully I'll see you at the next one. Felix and I are thinkin in about 2 weeks. I'm sure we'll let you know. Asta.
whos camp was that ?
great pics! Thanks for sharing :)