Me and my wife went to Mallory today. I'll say this- it gets hot out there on a July afternoon. Kind of hard to find, called SRWMD and got directions, but the directions weren't quite right. Called on the cell from Branford, finally figured it out. Basically, it is just riding on the roads there, no trails. I'm not sure I'd want to go on any trails there anyway. Saw a few deer, a couple of snakes. One part of the loop was closed as they were working on the road. We went around twice and logged about 35 miles. They need garbage cans at the parking area, and some more shade there wouldn't hurt. 20 MPH speed limit, but no one there to enforce it. I'll post photos in the photo section.
Kurt
Photos posted here-
http://www.atvflorida.com/forum/index.php?topic=5173.msg72327#msg72327
where is Mallory Swamp at?
:-\
Looks nice Kurt, maybe we can go one weekend with you and Donna...............
P.S. Glad you didn't get the pick-em-up stuck...heheee
Quote from: rhinotime on July 29, 2005, 01:11:57 AM
where is Mallory Swamp at?
Mallory Swamp is on the Lafayette/Dixie county border 12 miles west and 12 miles south of Branford
Quote from: susieblazer on July 30, 2005, 03:35:24 AM
:-\
Looks nice Kurt, maybe we can go one weekend with you and Donna...............
P.S. Glad you didn't get the pick-em-up stuck...heheee
^^^^^^^^^^^
No kiddin'!!
There really isn't much there. I wouldn't make a special trip up, but if you're up in Trenton by the family, cool.
is there any mud
I'm sure there is, but not on the trails. I wouldn't want to venture off the trail, either. I'm sure SOMETHING venomous is waiting with open jaws!! :o
Nice pics. looks like a nice place for spring or fall.
Good point.