All sanddrags at Saltsdale will be postponed till October. Sorry for the inconvience.
What up smoke ? :-\
WTF SEE What Happens when myself,quad and Yamahonda dont make it jeeez >:(
my cell phone will not take a charge, so for everyone that hit me on the two way, i will call you back in the next few days.....plus had a huge insurance audit at work....
Quote from: LE-Vinson on July 28, 2005, 11:02:03 PM
WTF SEE What Happens when myself,quad and Yamahonda dont make it jeeez >:(
Yea what the hell !! :-\ Me , Scootster and the MAN aint there and you give up ??? Whats up? :( No really. What happend. ???
After talking with the CEO there was not enough money being made to cover, insurance, property rent, toilets, etc. So after talking with the CEO, i felt that the crowd would keep getting smaller if facilities were not there to accomodate everyone, so we are going to postpone everything till october when it is cooler.
I understand. It is awful hot to race right now. If you can think of any improvements that a little free labor could do in the meantime let me know. Im sure theres something we could do between now and oct. to make it alittle nicer out there. ;)
Hey Guys !!! Myself and the rest of the Tribals are talking about looking into leasing some land and starting the sand drags back up. it would be somewhere around the Dade City, Brooksville area. as we all know theres a lot more to it than just finding the land. we would without a doubt have restroom facilitys and possible consessions. burgers,hotdogs,sodas and bottled water. we have a very good friend that has the stagging lites. ;) ;) ;) please understand we are just talking right now!! If this was to work out i dont have a time frame as to when it could happen. What i need to know is would we be able to get everyones continued support? would you all be willing to come out and give us a try? I have another good friend that i think would be willing to cordinate and set the brackets or at least show us how to do it. I think he would really like to be able to race now. you all might know him ;) ;) ;) ;) Please give us some feed back.. lets us know what you think!! but please keep in mind we are just discussing it at this time. but anything is possible!!! to steal a famous movie line. if you build it they will come!! or will ya???? Thanks You All, Frank!!! P.S. if we can do it. It would be 300ft sand drags :o :o :o :o :o
I would be willing to help out in anyway i can. I would support it. To keep everyone in the routine of the 4th saturday, troy is trying hard to get the dyno shootout set up for the 4th saturday...hopefully he will be releasing details to me soon and i can get everything organized to do it. the dyno shootout would be in LEESBURG, so not to far from saltsdale.
Understand, Billy (Saltsdale CEO) and I have no hard feelings with each other, but with the low crowd the money was not generated to keep it going during the summer.
I think smokes just skerd !! ;D He knows the zillas coming back soon !! ;D ;D
Man, I just bought paddle tires for the 500 and saltsdale closes for the summer :( I'd definetly like to try racing somewheres else here in FLA if possible. Haven't had to good of luck crossing the border and going north into GA......
HEY GUYS YOU HAVENT SEEN ME ON HERE BEFORE BUT I RACED THERE IN JUNE (25) IHAD THE FLAME BANSHEE BUT ANYWAY IT WAS ALOT OF FUN I HEAR YOU GUYS TALKING ABOUT DRAGS IN DADE CITY BROOKSVILLE AREA THATS RIGHT IN MY AREA IF THERS ANY THING I CAN DO TO HELP LET ME KNOW MY PH# IS 352 220 8561 DIRECT CONNECT #160*134457*15 PLEASE LET ME KNOW HAVE LOTS OF HEAVY EQUIP CONNECTIONS THANKS ALOT ROB....
we will keep you posted Rob on whats going on. Thanks!!
franky count on me ;D
I would be glad to help ;D let me know and I would bring the crowd.
i will be there for sure
HEY FRANK IM THERE AND I HAVE THE EQUIPT TO HELP BUT LIKE EVERYTHING IT COST MONEY TO RUN IT I DONT MIND HELPING AS LONG AS MY FUEL IS COVERED IF IVE GOT TO BRING MY LOADER WE WILL HAVE TO PAY TO GET IT MOVED THERE AND BACK BUT I DONT THINK YOULL NEED IT
I will be there to hold your hand for moral support....haha
Hoghead - i will settle the rest up next time we meet...you let me know what will settle it up completely...
Thanks to everyone who has responded. keep the feedback coming guys. how bout it yamahondaman, watsons, clermont, ware racing.. what do you guys think? PS if this becomes a reality. I just want everyone to know that it will have been made possible by Wayne Morrow!! He is the driving force behind this. Thanks again guys. Later!!!
SMOKE WE WILL TALK ABOUT THAT WHEN AND IF WE START RACING AGAIN FOR NOW IM GOOD I UNDERSTAND THERE NOT BEING ENOUGH MONEY TO GO AROUND BUT LIKE EVERYBODY ELSE HAS MENTIONED ILL DO WHAT EVER IT TAKES BECAUSE I LOVE TO SAND DRAG FRANK JUST SO YOU KNOW WHEN I USED TO DRAG AT LAKELAND AND BITHLO YEARS AGO I MEAN YEARS AGO DA%% IM OLD THERE WAS ALWAYS A BIG TURN OUT AND THEY USED A BRACKET RACING SYSTEM AND 300 FT DRAG SO WITH THAT SAID LETS GET IT ON I LIKE THIS EXTRA TIME TO BUILD SOMETHING ELSE CAN YOU SAY SABER OH YEA !!!!!!!
clermont would most likly be there. we just need to know a date and time
I'll continue to support Salts as long as there are races there. CEO is a great guy but he is not into the sport, it is a business to him and if its not making money it doesnt make sense to continue. I've made a lot of friends at Salts and will go wherever the races are held.
I will be there let me know what i can do.I have equipment i can use and if its in the Brooksville area that alot closer for us to be able to help.
Hey HondaATC...i think when you decide to go to Geo. Again.. Just Hide in the Back of somebody's Trailer ...then you might be safe ? ..
Hey HOGHEAD ... i hear ya on the "I'M Old as Dirt"Quote!
How Bout it Frank !!! ;)
Hey Chillin and Smoken_Zilla...i don't think anybody's spent as much as you guy's when Ya'll go to the Drag's !!
All them kid's,Bike's,Wife's and Stuff !!!
i think all of the Brown Bottle's,Pickles and Egg's might add up to That ? .. How Bout it 32X ?
HEY Scooter .....See Ya'll at the Next One !!!!
Hey SmokeDawg .....GIT IT RAG !!!!!!!
Frank,
" If you build it, they will come"
you can count on the Ware and the Sisson crews to be there!!
Quote from: YAMAHONDAMAN on July 31, 2005, 03:37:50 PM
Hey HondaATC...i think when you decide to go to Geo. Again.. Just Hide in the Back of somebody's Trailer ...then you might be safe ? ..
Hahahahaha SHHHHHHHHHHHH Ronnie, not everyone knows the story on that!
First off I would like to say that Billy is a Great person ,And we all can understand that if its not making $$ its hard to continue-- Thanks Salts I have met alot of great peaple there!!
Now Frank, you know you can count me in for whatever I can do, although my time seems thin right now with my own business , you just let me know what you need !!! LETS RACE ;D ;D
Quote from: HondaATC on August 01, 2005, 12:06:03 AM
Quote from: YAMAHONDAMAN on July 31, 2005, 03:37:50 PM
Hey HondaATC...i think when you decide to go to Geo. Again.. Just Hide in the Back of somebody's Trailer ...then you might be safe ? ..
Hahahahaha SHHHHHHHHHHHH Ronnie, not everyone knows the story on that!
Ok. Whats the story ? :) Oh yea , Git it Rags !!! ;D ;D ;D
[attachment deleted by admin]
Well the first drag race I ever went to up in Valdosta, I got a ticket right past the airforce base for 63 in a 45. When I got there to the races I found out that Billy from saltsdale ALSO got stopped there for doing the exact same speed over the limit as me, about 30 minutes after I got stopped. This last time at Hazlehurst, as I was sitting at the gate I seen someone else was wanting out so I went to back up and let them out, I looked behind me and didn't see anything (trike could have been in the way, who knows) but about 15ft later I heard a CRUNCH. Dude was behind me in a jeep and my tailgate and his front fender connected. And THEN we got fricken rained out. I dont have to good of luck in GA.... :-\
whats up guys are we going to race again in saltsdale again or what
READ THE TOPIC " post poned till october", the cooler month`s should bring out more racers , to be more profitable for CEO!!!