MOM HAS THE FLU
And this was for only 5 days!!!!! The following are the notes pinned to the pillow by the well-meaning husband of a mother who has the flu .
Monday A.M.
My Dearest: Please sleep late. Everything under control.
Lunches packed.
Kids off to school.
Menu for dinner planned.
Your lunch is on a tray in refrigerator: finger-sandwiches and fruit cup.
Thermos of hot tea by bedside.
See you around 6:00.
Hope you're feeling better.
Tuesday A.M.
Honey: Sorry about the egg rack in the refrigerator. I tried to catch it.
Hope you got back to sleep.
Did the kids tell you about the Coke I put in their Thermos bottles? Apparently not a good idea.
The school might call you on this.
Dinner may be a little late, I'm doing your door-to-door canvas for liver research.
Your lunch is in refrigerator.
Hope you like leftover chilli.
Wednesday A.M.
Dear Doris:
Why in the name of all that is sane would you put soap powder in the flour canister!
If you have time, could you please come up with a likely place to find Chris's missing shoes?
We've checked the clothes hamper,garage, back seat of the car and wood box.
Did you know the school has a ruling on bedroom slippers?
There's some cold pizza for you on a napkin in the frig.
Am trying to find out what smells in the kitchen.
Will be late tonight, driving eight Girl Scouts to tour meat packing house.
Thursday A.M
Doris:
Don't panic over water in hallway. It crested last night at 9P.M.
Will finish laundry tonight. Please pencil in answers to following:
1. How do you turn on the garbage disposal? I thought it was automatic... Guess not.
2. Why would that rotten kid leave his shoes in his boots?
3. How do you remove a Confederate flag inked on the palm of a small boy's hand?
4. What do you do with leftovers when they begin to snap at you when you open the door?
I don't know what you're having for lunch! Surprise me!
Friday A.M.
Hey: Don't drink from pitcher by the sink! Am trying to restore pink dress shirt to original white.
Take heart. . . .. . Tonight the ironing will be folded, the house cleaned and the dinner will be on time................... I called your mother.
Love it. Had an operation 6 years ago you should have seen the house.
Mama Grizz
Quote from: Mama Grizz on July 27, 2005, 11:49:32 AM
Love it. Had an operation 6 years ago you should have seen the house.
Mama Grizz
that bad huh?
If I only took pictures I could have won a makeover lol
Mama Grizz
I love it. :D
Very cute..... Proves to me that I need to marry a handyman!