The device is an alternative to lethal force.
ADS systems are a new class of nonlethal weaponry using 95 GHz-millimeter-wave directed energy. This technology is capable of rapidly heating a person's skin to achieve a pain threshold that has been demonstrated by AFRL human subject testing to be very effective at repelling people, without burning the skin or causing other secondary effects.
http://www.sandia.gov/news-center/news-releases/2005/def-nonprolif-sec/active-denial.html
[attachment deleted by admin]
I want one. ;D
Just wait till they have house or car alarm with ADS. ;D ouch....
i still like the old ways shoot first then ask why? it worked then why would it not work now? ???
can you see it now??? we have cops who tazer old people in
wheelchairs. what would they do with that hmmmmmm
they will wave their motorized carts then kill those who have pace makers. it would be sad :(
Quote from: bluesman on July 25, 2005, 02:51:44 PM
can you see it now??? we have cops who tazer old people in
wheelchairs. what would they do with that hmmmmmm
We have cops using them on 12 years
have you seen the technology where they can aim a piercing sound directly at someone to deter them? It's similar to this technology. I believe they tried to use it in riots and situations like that..but for some reason it hasn't caught on yet.
I'm happy with the tasers. I'll take one of them.
Hey Big D, have they put the taser technology in the nextels yet?! ;D
They experimented with this and other crowd dispersing methods in Kosovso, but they had one on top of a Humvee. Looked like a big satellite dish.
I like to have that has a house alarm system ;)
let someone hold a bag of popcorn then say "watch this !!"
Put a turkey in front of it. ;D