ATTENTION all A class riders.
You have been asking for it now you got it. FTR MX series will have an A class this coming year.
Along with all the youth classes that will be added this is going to be a great year.
First race is Aug 14 at THUNDERCROSS. (practice is the 13th)
See yall at the races!!!!!!!!!
is there any special rules to the FTR series? like age and bike size and good stuff like that.. might be interested in running this series if i can.
Can I sign up for the FTR series at the first race? And how much is it for the membership? And how much does it cost to race?
Yes you can sign up at the first race. The cost for membership will be $50. This will let you ride in any part of the series. MX---HS---QS. The cost for MX race is $25 for the first class and 20 for all classes after that.
Special rules. Must have nurf bars/ kill switch and new for this year a DB level of 98.
Class include:
A class (16 and older)
B class (16 and older)
C class (16 and older)
+ 35 class
Women class (16and older)
Youth 0-50cc production case and frame 4-8years old
Youth 51-90cc production case and frame 7-12 years old
Youth 91-200cc 2 stroke/91-300cc 4 stroke production case and frame 13-15 years old.
THAT'S THE SAME WEEKEND AS LORETTA'S YOU MAY NOT HAVE A GOOD QUAD TURNOUT
Quote from: LostCause on July 20, 2005, 01:14:02 AM
ATTENTION all A class riders.
You have been asking for it now you got it. FTR MX series will have an A class this coming year.
Along with all the youth classes that will be added this is going to be a great year.
First race is Aug 14 at THUNDERCROSS. (practice is the 13th)
the A class will be a payback class like the dirtbike A class right.
See yall at the races!!!!!!!!!
The A class is a payback class like the A class for dirtbikes right.
Quote from: trx#9 on July 20, 2005, 02:25:34 PM
The A class is a payback class like the A class for dirtbikes right.
We dont get money back in the "A" Class on dirt bikes
I known the dirtbikes in the florida mottocross series get money back. so dirtbikes don't have a money class in the ftr.
ftr does not pay money in any class in any series.
Will they be checking for the 98 decibl level???? I hope mine will pass! Does anyone know what the decibl level is on a LRD pipe for a YFZ?
Quote from: MXRACER86 on July 20, 2005, 06:42:20 PM
Will they be checking for the 98 decibl level???? I hope mine will pass! Does anyone know what the decibl level is on a LRD pipe for a YFZ?
The slip on With the quiet core is 95.9. Thats according to the pipe shootout in Dirt wheels.
And is there a class that i could race in im 13 on a 400, raptor 350 told me c class but it says 16 and older?
Lostcause- I'm planning on racing this whole series, BUT I turn 16 on October 11th, so is the 16 year old rule NO exceptions at all, even with a parents present at all the races, the whole time, and filling out all my paperwork? I really don't want to miss the first couple races.
Quote from: florida400ex on July 20, 2005, 08:07:41 PM
Lostcause- I'm planning on racing this whole series, BUT I turn 16 on October 11th, so is the 16 year old rule NO exceptions at all, even with a parents present at all the races, the whole time, and filling out all my paperwork? I really don't want to miss the first couple races.
You drop 3 of 10 races anyway. So if you plan attending 8/10 then you will be fine because only 7 count.
We will be missing the first race too and depending on the 06 GNC schedule maybe more. Thank goodness for 3 throw-outs.... ;D
I know that is the weekend of LL. But I still think we will have a good turn out.
To ride in the A,B,C,Womens classes you have got to be 16. You can start in the +35 class if you turn 35 during the season. As far as in the youth classes I am still trying to find out. But it looks like you have got to be of age before you can start in a specific age group/cc.
Grrrrr NOT FAIR!!!!!! Mellisa, you know me, could you imagine me on a Blaster! They should have a rule that if you will be like 16 within half of the series you should get to compete, because in all fairness, I'm left without a class, and have to miss 2 or 3 races, so I can't miss any other races just incase something comes up.
Also, are you sure the dB is going to be 98? That's an off number, considering at nationals they make you stay under 102, so that's where most pipe manufacturer's try to make their pipes at.
http://www.floridatrailriders.org/articles/20050602.htm
Looks like I'll be doing the Florida motocross series insted of FTR.
Quote from: florida400ex on July 20, 2005, 10:00:34 PM
Looks like I'll be doing the Florida motocross series insted of FTR.
Trust me, The florida motocross series is not as good as FTR series!
lol 98 db there is no way sparks pipes,or most other race pipes will pass
there will be a bunch of stock bikes out there lol
sorry but that cant stand sparks is like 101 i think
i plan on racin the series but i got a sparks pipe soo if they aint gonna pass then i guess i can't race??? let me know bout the 98 db
Let me know if I'll be able to race this year, if I can't start the season out I'll just not do FTR and do Florida series. I would really like to do FTR, but at the time there is no class for me that I can start and finish the season in.
Quote from: RacerGirl47 on July 20, 2005, 04:40:15 PM
ftr does not pay money in any class in any series.
I'll stick to f.m.s. series i heard they put more into it financially than f.t.r. does and they run you more laps[td][/td]
Why not do both series. FTR rides more tracks. And it isn't in the heat of summer. The FTR MX series has grown in the last couple of years and is getting better and better.
The number of laps are determined on how many riders there are and how much daylight there is. most motos were 5 laps this past year. same as what you get at nationals.
If you'll allow me to race all the races (including the first 2-3 that I'll be forced to miss because of age) then I'll run FTR. It's just unfair that there is no class for me to start and finish out the season in.
FTR follows ATVA and AMA rules. You can't run that bike at the nationals either......
Besides only 7 races count and you actually only have to run 5 to be part of the series. I only ran 5 last year ....most people dont attend all 10. Missing the first 2 is not a big deal.....
I know I can't run nationals yet, good luck with FTR next year hope ya'll have a good time.
To race the florida motocross series you have to be 16 too!
No you don't.
any info on the 98 db thing yet?
Quote from: MXRACER86 on July 22, 2005, 12:05:11 AM
To race the florida motocross series you have to be 16 too!
No theres alot of amature riders out there not 16 in the fl series. Its actully called the dean series, Deans rules and theres nothing about being 16
Quote from: 400EX on July 23, 2005, 09:26:44 PM
any info on the 98 db thing yet?
Yeah, same here... Theres gona be a nothing but dr.ds and stockers out there. Does anyone know what the baldwin or whitebros carbon is? I know theres no way that sparks will pass.
From what I've been told (By Scott @ Sparks), the Sparks is rated at 101db, they are in the process of making a new insert (Tip) to quiet it down a bit, I should have some more info this week from Sparks.
If the FTR sayes they follow the atva and ama rules witch is 102dbs,
Theres gona be alot of people not racing even the carbon pro is at 102.
At red bud tim farrs bike was at 98 db the lowest in the pro class and he has a carbon pro.
I should be able to tell yall something by the end of the week. all contacts are on vacation and should be back some time this week.
Ok, I just talked to the MX ref and here is the deal.
They will NOT be testing at the MX tracks.
They will be testing at the Enduro, Hair Scramble and Quad Scrambles.
thats good brett you guys wouldnt have anyone out racing at a 98db leval lol
the kid that is to young for the ftr do what everyone other 14 and 15 year old does at the nationals sya your 16 lol i know 4 or 5 people that do that
not saying no names ;D
well thats good on the db thing... where thundercross and how do i get there i plan on racin.
From Bartow take 60 up to Yeehaw Junction, Turn Rt at the Traffic Light right before the Turnpike (I forget the street name), follow that road for 33 miles to you hit 70, turn left on 70 and it's about 5 miles on your left, there will be a green sign on your left telling you when to turn (5651 N.E. 80th Ave.
(Off Hwy. 70 E.) - Okeechobee, Florida 1-863-634-7570)
Who is all going to the first race?
i would but damn those jumps look huge
lol i thought the jumps at lorettas last year was big lol
i guess a am a puss lol
i'll Start ----
Be riding the + 35 class and maybe another class. We will see.
I will be the one chasing down Lost Cause in the 35+ Class, I should be able to pass him in the air over the 85'er.... lol.............
Not if I keep you from hitting 4th gear!!!!
No problem, I will just have to lay back alittle! Timing, it's all about timing!
i would but i am gonna be at lorettas i forgot about that
i may start racing it in the 2nd round come and get I disagree spanked for me
Quote from: LostCause on July 24, 2005, 06:42:38 PM
Ok, I just talked to the MX ref and here is the deal.
They will NOT be testing at the MX tracks.
They will be testing at the Enduro, Hair Scramble and Quad Scrambles.
Hey Brett I just got done talking to FTR and this is what they voted on and they will have to stick with
Jack moved a rule be adopted related to limiting the sound levels from competition vehicles. The proposed rule change on page 11, Chapter III General Rules, paragraph J. Competition Apparel & Equipment, following subparagraph 6, add a new subparagraph 7 that reads:
Sound Standard for all FTR Events. All FTR competition vehicles are subject to be tested in accordance with the SAE 1287-July 98 (or latest version) testing procedure (20" stationary test). Maximum permitted sound level per this standard shall be:
Enduro 96 dB(A)
Hare Scrambles 96 dB(A)
Motocross 98 dB(A)
All competition vehicles manufactured from 1987 and prior years shall be exempt from this standard.
The motion passed unanimously and is now final.
they are cracking down on all FTR events you better make another Call
here the link http://www.floridatrailriders.org/articles/20050602.htm
boooooooooooooooooooooooo
that sucks looks like i wont be running it my rossier is at 101 db
mine was tested @ the GNCC it hit 102db :-\ ;D
well i'll be darned.... i got a sparks pipe and is it like 101 db???? this sucks.... lol just try and let me know whats goin on soo i dont drive all the way down there and then not be able to run. thanks
i'm sure they will let you race but tell you next time get it fixed they are trying to get everyone quiet by the end of the season
i dont care because i'm showing up @ the 1st H/S with all 102db's
10 4 lol well i dont think there gonna get me to quiet down unless they buy me a pipe.. cuase i aint gonna do it.
Ok the thing i dont get is when you posted this--Enduro 96 dB(A)
Hare Scrambles 96 dB(A)
Motocross 98 dB(A)-
What does the A mean? A class only?
I thought lostcause said ATVA rules which is 102 db whats this 98db $hit they making there own rules up. If they follow the AMA rules then do it. if not let the kid race a 15.
Quote from: bartowmx#3 on July 26, 2005, 02:20:57 AM
Ok the thing i dont get is when you posted this--Enduro 96 dB(A)
Hare Scrambles 96 dB(A)
Motocross 98 dB(A)-
What does the A mean? A class only?
I dont know what that "A" Is i just copy it from the FTR site you can click on it and see it all
http://www.floridatrailriders.org/articles/20050602.htm
Bobby
Quote from: trx#9 on July 26, 2005, 02:35:55 AM
I thought lostcause said ATVA rules which is 102 db whats this 98db $hit they making there own rules up. If they follow the AMA rules then do it. if not let the kid race a 15.
if he's the Quad rep then you need asked him or get on FTR site under Quads or Motor cross and post "WHAT"S UP with the noise " on that site and get some answer they will have all the info ya'll need there
Bobby
Im gona call them tomrow...thnx Triple R
Dont worry about the db levels this year theyre not going to do anything about it at least at the motocross events. Show up and race we need to get a big turnout for the quads there are plenty of classes now and we need to fill them up.
ok- I talked to the MX Chariman last night. The 98 db for mx is a rule. But what is going to happen is this. This year they are going to do some testing at the tracks. So that we can learn how loud our pipes are. Being loud will not keep you from riding (this year).
FTR rules are as such. If there is a rule in the rule book then they follow that rule. If there is nothing in the rule book about a specific situation that comes up it goes by the AMA/ATVA.
The db rule is new. I could be wrong but I do not even think that it has been posted in the magazine yet. It makes it hard to expect all to conform to the new db 1 month before the start of the season.
Quote from: LostCause on July 26, 2005, 09:11:29 PM
It makes it hard to expect all to conform to the new db 1 month before the start of the season.
Amen! Can I get a thank heaven? See you there. LostCause, you acclimating to your new job nicely. Thanks for the info and keep it coming.
Quote from: trx#9 on July 26, 2005, 02:35:55 AM
I thought lostcause said ATVA rules which is 102 db whats this 98db $hit they making there own rules up. If they follow the AMA rules then do it. if not let the kid race a 15.
i wish you can be 15 i would love to race the series thats a really stupid rule. like when are you going to to see a 15 year old on a 90. >:(
I have seen some at nationals.
Thanks for the info Brett, Anything going on this weekend?
Thanks h400....
I just want to represent all the Quad riders as best as I can. There will be some things that I will be able to help on and then there will be some things that I cant. I am going to listen to all of you.
I love this sport and want the best for it and for FTR. To grow into a bigger and better series than what it already is.
Quote from: LostCause on July 24, 2005, 06:42:38 PM
Ok, I just talked to the MX ref and here is the deal.
They will NOT be testing at the MX tracks.
They will be testing at the Enduro, Hair Scramble and Quad Scrambles.
Brett i guess they changed there mind ;D
looks like i'll be riding the +35 quad class so you got someone to beat up on :o
Bobby--
When did you switch over to the quad?
Were going to have a good year. See you at the banquet.
i've been kicking around the idea maybe you can let me ride your quad one weekend and see if i like it
then i could borrow Walker's $#it and ride it like it should be riden
Bobby ;D
I just wanted to say great job Brett, and to everyone that pushed to get the new youth classes in this year. I believe once the word gets out there is going to be some great racing in these classes. This is what me, my boys, and alot of other people have been waiting for our kids to be able to race a seies at some of the best tracks in Florida, The one thing I don't agree on is the new $50 membership it's ok if you are a woods rider going to a mx track, but if you ride mx, you are not going to run a 50" wide mx quad through the woods, trust me it's no fun. And with three of us racing it's not going to be cheap, they need a family discount ;D ;D ;D ;D
Thanks from the three #34 boys
Thanks--
I feel your pain on the membership. But hey--- you still have a couple of days to get The $40 adult and $15 youth. Does that help. lol
Maybe some of these extra fees will go towards awards and give a ways at the banquet.
Ya right, get ready for a dirtbike trophy and dirtbike tires :-\ :-\
You have to start somewhere.
And the trophy I got last year did not have a dirt bike on it. It had a quad.
I haven't been to a banquet so I can not say what it is like there but it is all about people that enjoy doing the same thing getting together to tell the "What if " stories. or the "I usta could". lol
Give aways would be nice. But untill that day comes I will still ride for the fun and comp. (And "I beat you today rights")
The dirt bike guys get a dirt bike on theres and ya'll quad guys get ya'll little quad on yours too
BTW if you get any free dirt bike tires i'd be more than happy to take them off your hands
last year we had a group of new people (younger) taking over the banquet and it was killer this year is going to the best ever. the same people are spending alot of time on it i chiped in and helped with phone call to all the jacket winners (sizes,names)
BOY I hope that they got my name correct on my jacket Bobby "Sandbagger" Henderson ;D ;D
i'll buy you a beer when I see you there Brett
later got ot go to bed early...training tomorrow
Well can you request atv tires (holshots-maxxis) and they might put it in? They said there was gona be a great # of quads racing so why cant they do somthing for quads?
My boyfriend is racing the FTR this year but we would like to know about tha Florida MOtocross Series can anyone give me a site or some info on that ???????
http://thundercrossmotorsportspark.com/
Theres two more races till its over.