Stopped by the Blue Sink OHV Corral on Saturday for a quick swim call after a hot day of riding. It is located about half way around the Ocala Centennial Trail loop trail in you use the trail head by HWY 40. It felt so good I will be stopped there from now on during the hot months.
http://www.fs.usda.gov/recarea/ocala/recreation/ohv/recarea/?recid=40379&actid=93 (http://www.fs.usda.gov/recarea/ocala/recreation/ohv/recarea/?recid=40379&actid=93)
One time I went for a little swim there too.
How was the downed tree situation on the Centennial Trail ?
About three weeks ago I went there on a Thursday and right before you get to where the trail goes to the right or left, there was a very large tree down and I was unable to go over it or under it. I went back to the parking lot, loaded up and went to the north trails at Salt Springs. I haven't went back there since.
Larry
Derek and I will be visiting ONF in July. We'll be coming from I-75 on 40. Is Centennial TH the first TH we'll see on 40?
AintSkeered: The Centennial Trail Head is the only one on HWY 40. It is located about 30 miles east of Silver Springs.
little Blue Pill: When we rode last Saturday there was only one small tree down across the trail and many people had rode over it. I could see that several fallen trees had been cut up and removed from the trail recently. I would like to say Thank You to the Forest Service and volunteers for all the hard work on keeping the ONF trails open and in good riding condition.
Is Blue Sink on the Cenntennial map?
Quote from: AintSkeered on June 24, 2015, 09:16:48 PM
Is Blue Sink on the Cenntennial map?
Yes it is on the map. We pack a small lunch & eat it there then go for a swim. By the time you get back to the trail head to load up your dry. The trail head is on Forrest Road 13.
Quote from: K_Man on June 24, 2015, 09:29:46 AM
little Blue Pill: When we rode last Saturday there was only one small tree down across the trail and many people had rode over it. I could see that several fallen trees had been cut up and removed from the trail recently. I would like to say Thank You to the Forest Service and volunteers for all the hard work on keeping the ONF trails open and in good riding condition.
Thanks, I figured somebody probably cut them out of the way by now. Larry
Quote from: K_Man on June 24, 2015, 09:29:46 AM
AintSkeered: The Centennial Trail Head is the only one on HWY 40. It is located about 30 miles east of Silver Springs.
I don't come from Silver Springs, but I don't think that the trail head would be 30 miles east of there. It might be, but I would think that it's not that far. Larry
K