Hi guys. Just wanted to post up, so if on the off chance anyone had the time off, they could go. I'd like to do a solid day of riding on Sunday the 15th. Take down tent in the morning of the 16th, then maybe a couple hour ride before heading home around 2.
I've ridden north a few times in the hog valley area. I'm not sure where we'll camp, but most likely Lake Oklawaha/Ft mccoy koa. I want to check out the dam, then ride south until I hit the end of the forest. Normally when I'm up there I'm with friends and it's a great social time. If no one else beside my son and I go, I think we're going to simply explore until we run out of fuel. Anyone interested?
Furthermore, can you get to ONF south by atv, or do you have to trailer at some point? Thanks!
Gotta trailer it. HWY 40 to Forest Road 13 there's a nice trail head parking area, also a trail head @ Big Scrub Campground on the south end of the loop.
wish I could have to work.
Darn. I was really hoping to ride the whole forest. Where can you get to the most long, straight, whoop free trails?
I think the yellow trails might be what your looking for.
Where would you recommend camping Sunday night?
Quote from: Agent on January 29, 2015, 01:50:16 PM
Darn. I was really hoping to ride the whole forest. Where can you get to the most long, straight, whoop free trails?
Fantasy land! :}}
Anyone think they can go? I could help with transport of units from the Clearwater area.
Sad face bump. Looks like it's just going to be me and my son. I wish there was at least one more person to help keep an eye on him. :-[