ATV Florida Forum

General => Open Discussion => Topic started by: wildacres00 on October 13, 2014, 02:27:03 PM

Title: Side By Side Title question
Post by: wildacres00 on October 13, 2014, 02:27:03 PM
Hey guy's I have a question about Titling a side by side. The bike I bought does not have a title, it is not stolen, has no liens against it and was purchased legally. The original owner is now deceased and he never titled it or registered it. Can I purchase a frame with a clean title and swap parts and then get it titled.

Thanks
Title: Re: Side By Side Title question
Post by: Thunderdually on October 13, 2014, 02:38:33 PM
As long as you have a bill of sale and a clean VIN number you should be able to title it in Florida.


This should answer any questions you may have http://www.flhsmv.gov/html/OHVGuide.pdf (http://www.flhsmv.gov/html/OHVGuide.pdf)
Title: Re: Side By Side Title question
Post by: AintSkeered on October 14, 2014, 01:12:21 AM
Unfortunately, it depends upon the county you're attempting to title it in. Some counties having higher theft rates are insisting upon the previous owner's title or manufacturer's certificate of origin.
Title: Re: Side By Side Title question
Post by: wildacres00 on October 16, 2014, 01:11:01 PM
AintSkeered, Which Counties would those be? I'm getting the title with the used frame.