can someone set up a camera to see how whoops are created in a trail? this would be so cool to see!!! and what can be done to reverse the very thing that creates them?
I could be wrong but I don't think you will find some one that wants to sit on the trail with a camera or leave an expensive camera sitting by it's self along a trail.. Or want to take the time to edit all those stills into a movie.
Besides I think most riders know how the whoops develop.. ;) ;D
please tell us thunderdually :dunno.gif
Suspension loading/unloading is probably the easiest way to explain it.
This is what I think happens.. You hit an elevation change, suspension loads up, you overcome the change, the suspension unloads and pushes (rebounds) back into the terrain, spinning tires throw sand up and back.. Not too sure. 8)